Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1208 Discussions

Disabling Specific C-States when BIOS hides the option

wtower_smx
Beginner

Can you tell me what methods I could use via a windows OS (ACPI or other) to disallow the C6 state for the Celeron N2930 processor? Only the restriction to C0/C1 is exposed via BIOS options, but I'd like to leave C2/C3 etc. intact for processor longevity. I understand it could be done with RegEx or r/w everything, but don't have the datasheet, so don't know what address to use.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello wtower_smx

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

We have moved the thread to the Embedded products so you can get support from the appropriate team. 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @wtower_smx:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Based on your previous communication, we want to address the following questions:

Could you please let us know if your questions are related to a third-party device or a design developed by you?

Could you please give us the part number, name of the manufacturer, and where to find the information of the third-party device related to this thread?

Could you please list the sources used to develop your design? By the way, could you please clarify that Intel reviewed your design?

We are waiting for your answer to these questions.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
wtower_smx
Beginner

I'm working on this platform, basic data sheet ~80 pages here.

Unclear that Intel has reviewed this design.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @wtower_smx:

Thanks for your reply.

You should address your questions associated with the product list in your previous message, as a reference by filling out the form stated on the following website:

https://www.advantech.com/contact/inquiryrequestform  

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos