Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1236 Discussions

Extra PCIE bridge 8086-1901 showed up

wales
Beginner

Device 'Intel 6th-10th Gen Core Processor PCIe Controller (x16)'
PCI 8086:1901:1462:127d

Our question is that in what condition this bridge might show up even if there were no device attached with this PCIE lane?
Is CPU a possible reason that cause this bridge to show up since this lane is connected to CPU?

CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-9500TE Processor

Linux version : 18.04.06

Linux kernel version : 4.15.0

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Diego_INTEL

Hello @wales,

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Can you share more details regarding this? Is this a design of yours or a third-party design?

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos
wales
Beginner

Dear Diego:

It's my customer's design, I checked the Linux kernel version is compliant with the supported CFL platform, We would like to have some comments from Intel so we could continue our investigation.

wales_0-1702265991050.png

0 Kudos
Diego_INTEL

Hello @wales,

That screenshot is very useful, the Intel® Core™ i5-9500TE is Coffee Lake Refresh - S, so the supported kernel is 4.19 in this case.

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos
wales
Beginner

Customer's project does not design PCIe x16 slot on the CPU side, so disable CPU > PCIe x16-related options in the BIOS, "Intel 6th-10th Gen Core Processor PCIe Controller (x16)" issue will not occur

Customer would like to know Is there any side effect or risk to disable CPU > PCIe x16-related options in the BIOS?

0 Kudos
Diego_INTEL

Hello @wales,

I checked internally and didn't find any issue if you disable this option, even it is useful for debugging, so, if your customer doesn't need PCIe x16 they can disable it in the BIOS.

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos