Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

How to configure DIMM by SMBus

ALin50
Beginner

Hello,

I want to develop a software to configure DIMM by SMBus, and the CPU in my platform is Xeon E5-V3 2600 series.

Has any document assist me to do the task?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Luftweg :

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

The information related to your request is related to BIOS implementation, so we suggest you to your BIOS developer. Also, we suggest you upgrade your Basic EDC account to Privileged, go to /www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/embedded-design-center-support.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/embedded-design-center-support.html and click on "Manage Your Intel Profile" found in the "Manage Your Account" section of the page. From there you can request an upgrade. After you submit the application, please let us know and we will expedite the review of your application. The application can be found at:

/www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/intelligent-systems/registration-po.html https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/intelligent-systems/registration-po.html

We hope that this information may help you.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
ALin50
Beginner

Thanks Carlos.

I have submitted the application.

The access operation certainly can be within BIOS stage, but i want to access within a software application stage. The SMBus signals are existed in DDR4 miscellaneous of V5 2600 CPU, so i can do it anytime, right?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Luftweg:

Thanks for you reply.

We suggest you contact your BIOS developer because they have information that may help you with your software implementation. Due to this fact, we still suggest you contact them.

We hope that this information is useful to you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
ALin50
Beginner

I have saw a information, 'The NVDIMM Supplemental Information Guide' CDI:525574, from Doc# 547082. But i can't search the document in Resource&Design center. Where can i find it?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Luftweg :

Thanks for your reply.

We suggest you update your EDC account and once you have a privileged one this document could be accessible to you.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos