Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1204 Discussions

Phoenix BIOS SecureCore Tiano version 2.05_ | INTEL VTx Hidden and Disable

CFrei
Beginner

Hi,

Can Someone help me unlock the Hidden/Advanced features in Phoenix BIOS SecureCore Tiano version 2.05_ for my notebook CCE IRON 746p. I want to be able to Enable or Disable the INTEL VTx.

The operating system Windows 7 Ultimate x64 is reporting that the disabled is INTEL VTx.

My processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM.

Information About BIOS

• BIOS Type: Intel Corp.
  • BIOS ID: 2.05_
  • BIOS Date: 20110308
  • BIOS Vendor: Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
  • BIOS Version: 2.05_
  • BIOS Size: 2621440
  • Chipset: Intel 104 rev 9
  • Motherboard Name: Intel Corporation
  • Motherboard Model: HuronRiver Platform
  • System Name: Intel Corporation
  • System Model: 0.1
  • Base Manufacturer: Intel Corp.
  • Base Product: Emerald Lake

Thank you for support.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
FMcNu1
Valued Contributor I

Hello and welcome to the Intel® Embedded Community.

For consumer products like notebooks, Intel recommends you contact the notebook supplier for support (Yes even though Intel is the manufacturer of the motherboard). Have you tried to contact CCE support ?

Also, can you say what you intend to achieve by enabling Intel VT-x ?

Felix

J. Felix McNulty

Community Moderator (Intel contractor)

0 Kudos
CFrei
Beginner
Hello, thanks for the reply! Have I contacted the support of the CCE, but not yet received the procedures for updating the BIOS. I need the Intel VTx feature is enabled so that I can virtualize some servers x64-bit environment (VMWare Environment).
0 Kudos
SSena
Beginner

Dear, I have had the same difficulty Mr. clinerdefreitas. I need to virtualize an operating system that supports 64bit. The manufacturer of the notebook, CCE, BT WM 545, the sameBIOS that Mr.. clinerdefreitas, has no technical support for this type of support in my city.Where can I get the BIOS version that allows me to change this setting?

Thanks for your attention.Samuel Sena
0 Kudos
DOliv11
Beginner

Dear clinerdefreitas

I am having the same problem than you with the same notebook.

I have bought a bios update from biosagentplus. I am waiting for it.

If it works i will let you know.

On the other hand if you find out a solution please let me know.

Best Regards,

Divaldo

0 Kudos
WBalt
Beginner

Hi,

I have the same problem and the software that i need to run is the Virtual Box for linux.

I receive the same message to enable VT-x, but my bios (Phoenix BIOS SecureCore Tiano version 1.07_) don't have this option.

The solution, that i think, is to upgrade the BIOS.

Thank you for support.

0 Kudos
DOliv11
Beginner

The problem was solved by CCE.

I have sent the notebook to CCE technical assistance and the they updated the BIOS enabling vt-x.

Regards,

Divaldo

0 Kudos
JBarb11
Beginner

Dear Sir, what is the bios version came with it?

JBarb11
Beginner

I have the same problem. I bought a notebook ONIX 7810B+ that came with I7 2670QM and bios 2.09 (19 Abr 2012). The VT-X and mouse pad not work. The mouse jump all the time. The CCE support said that I need to shipping the notebook to they. Is not more rational and ease the CCE provide the bios upgrade?

RSous1
Beginner

Maybe too late but look this:

http://receitastecnologicas.blogspot.com.br/2013/04/notebook-cce-virtualizacao-vt-x-como.html Receitas Tecnológicas: Notebook CCE, Virtualização, VT-X - Como resolver

0 Kudos