Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

fpt tool for Alder Lake

WendyLou
Novice

I need the fpt tool for Alder Lake as well as any documentation. Is it possible to preserve the SMBIOS when using the tool?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello WendyLou,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

I will raise the case with our engineers so they can provide you with an appropriate response to your request.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
WendyLou
Novice

Thank you. I hope to get the following:
1) fpt.efi tool or winpe compatible fpt tool

2) documentation
3) Is it possible to flash the BIOS and preserve the SMBIOS for field update situations

ACarmona_Intel

Hello WendyLou,

We appreciate your patience while you awaited our response and your clarification of what you required.

By the way, in order for us to do a detailed examination of the issue, we would like to know the exact model of your ALDER LAKE processor, as there is a wide range within this series.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello WendyLou,

Good day!

I am just checking to see if you read our previous reply. If so, please provide the information we request so we can continue checking this request.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
WendyLou
Novice

Intel(R) Celeron(R) 7305E and also 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1265UE.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello WendyLou,

Thank you so much for providing us with the complete model of your processor. Upon checking both processors are embedded, we wanted to inform you that we have a forum category that is specific to our embedded products. This category is monitored by our experts, who can provide you with the best solution. To help you get your answer more quickly, we will now move your post to that category.

Thank you for your patience and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Diego_INTEL

Hello @WendyLou,

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You can get the FPT and other tools from the CSME package in the latest BKC, Intel_CSME_ADL-P-M_16.1.30.2307, consumer or corporate version.

I have that the latest BKC for Alder Lake P is the document #816271.

What documentation do you need specifically? I think you can check this link, here are the documents related to the Alder Lake P family.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/platforms/details/alder-lake-p/docs.html

Regarding your question: Is it possible to preserve the SMBIOS when using the tool?

Looking internally, the SMBIOS data/information like serial number is lost when upgrading FW. It is recommended to use PDR Region for customer specific data.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos