Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1204 Discussions

is it possible to remap Pixels using an Z37xx with Mipi-DSI x2 Display

TKoro
Beginner

Hi Community, nice to be here!

Well really have to challenge a big target (I think so), where I have an Bay Trail z37xx which drives an Mipi-DSi panel, that has an resolution of 800x1280, yes it is an vertical design.

The biggest difference of the vertical display is the position of pixel [1,1], it differs to default 1280x800 display exactly 90° counter clockwise, that means, that for example the AMI Bios will be also displayed 90° rotated and stretched in height and squeezed in width.

but now the project concept changed, and content needs to be consistently displayed in landscape, that means I only need to remap the pixels:

Left upper corner of an image, => Picture pixel [1,1] --> physical pixel [1,800]

right upper corner of an image, => Picture pixel [1,800] --> physical pixel [1280,800]

right lower corner of an image, => Picture pixel [1280,1] --> physical pixel [1,800]

Left lower corner of an image, => Picture pixel [1,1] --> physical pixel [1,1]

with SPI Displays it was no issue to use the framebuffer for a rotation of the picture, and the z37xx vol2 manual shows a lot of settings, but it seems they are only able to handle 0° and 180° "rotation"

I knew this is really no easy challenge, and my knowledge seems to be too limited here...

So a helpful tip would be very appreciated...

Thanks in Advance from Germany, Thorsten

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Unfortunately the l Z37xx Bay Trail -T is on the "off-roadmap" and its support is for limited manufacturers. For this reason, we do not have support for this processor. Click on http://ark.intel.com/products/series/76761/Intel-Atom-Processor-Z3700-Series this link to learn more about the specifications of the Z37xx family. LynnZ.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello ThorstenK

-Are you performing this changes on BIOS level?

-What operating system are you using?

-What is the doc # of the manual that you are using?

Best Regards,

Adolfo

0 Kudos
TKoro
Beginner

Hello AdolfoS,

thanks for your reply!

Doc Id I refered is 329474-003

It will be a Windows Core 10 System, which makes it more restricted... In an Android, or Linux kernel I would know how to use framebuffer to makes i stable rotated into the desired direction.

And this is the reason, why only a Bios/Bootcode based solution maybe stable enough to fix that behavior....

Greets Thorsten

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello ThorstenK

Thanks for your feedback, we are still trying to determine the best path of support for your issue, we will reply back as soon as possible.

Regards,

Adolfo

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ThorstenK,

We're looking for the best option in order to provide you with the best support, as soon as we have more information we'll write back.

Best regards,

Jimmy.

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Unfortunately the l Z37xx Bay Trail -T is on the "off-roadmap" and its support is for limited manufacturers. For this reason, we do not have support for this processor. Click on http://ark.intel.com/products/series/76761/Intel-Atom-Processor-Z3700-Series this link to learn more about the specifications of the Z37xx family. LynnZ.

0 Kudos