Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

1G ethernet Connection cannot working on windows 10

djpark01
Beginner

Hi.

I have in trouble for 1G ethernet network Connection(using 1000base LX/LR SFP,which is Cisco GLC-LH-SMD).

I made Network properly but on Port in Lan switch, there was no green light which means no signal exchange between PC and Lan switch.

I assumed that "intel network driver for windows 10" causes not to recognize SFP for 1000base LX/LR(Cisco GLC-LH-SMD) because of following below ,I mean additional information .

Please help me to solve that problem.

additional information :
All hardware are available.

Network composed of PC(intel 82599 Adapter controller 4 Ports,Windows 10) - Cisco GLC-LH-SMD(1000base LX/LR SFP) - Optical cable(single mode, yellow cable ) - -Cisco GLC-LH-SMD(1000base LX/LR SFP) - Lan switch.

On Linux(Redhat) There's no problem for 1G network connection, I mean there was green light on Lan switch.

Changed transceiver(SFP) location from port3 to port1, but it didin't work.

when 10G network connection, it worked properly.
(PC(intel 82599 Adapter controller 4 Ports,Windows 10) - Cisco 10G-LR (10Gbase LR SFP) - Optical cable(single mode, yellow cable ) - -Cisco 10G-LR(10Gbase LR SFP) - Lan switch.)

When 1G network connection with multi mode SFP, it worked properly.
(PC(intel 82599 Adapter controller 4 Ports,Windows 10) - Cisco GLC-SX-MMD (1000base SX) - Optical cable(single mode, yellow cable ) - GLC-SX-MMD (1000base SX) - Lan switch.)

Testing network driver :
Intel Network Adapter Driver for windows 10(wired_proset_26.3_x64.zip,Wired_driver_26.3_x64.zip)
Intel Network Adapter Driver for windows 10(wired_proset_26.3_x64.zip,Wired_driver_26.3_x64.zip)
Intel Network Adapter complete driver pack (26_3.zip)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Caguicla_Intel

Hello djpark01,

Thank you for the reply and kind understanding. 

We hope that your discussion with your manufacturer will run smoothly so that the issue will be resolve as soon as possible. 

Please be informed that we will now close this request since you will now get in touch with your manufacturer. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello djpark01, 

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Kindly provide the following information for us to check your qeury.

1. PBA of the adapter. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number. It consist of 6-3 digit number located at the last part of the serial number. This would help us identify the exact model of your adapter and if you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) or retail version of Intel Ethernet Adapter.

Identify Your Intel® Network Adapter Model Using PBA Number

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

2. Was the 1G connection known to be working fine on your Windows 10 OS using Cisco GLC-LH-SMD or it never worked?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Should there be no reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello djpark01, 

Good day!

This is just a follow up message for the information that we are requesting for us to proceed checking your query. Feel free to let us know if you have questions and clarifications.

Awaiting to your response.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
djpark01
Beginner

Hello Crisselle C.

Sorry for late reply.

1. I couldn't disassemble my PC to check PBA for adapter.  Instead I had information about Network Adapter Model as below

PART NUM. : PE310G4SPI9LA-E-XR ( Intel 82599 based).

2.As far as I know, 1G connection is known to be working fine on your Windows 10 OS using Cisco GLC-LH-SMD.

3. additional Question: Are there any additional drivers to install for Network adapter?

Awaiting to your response.

Thank you for your support.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello djpark01, 

No problem at all, appreciate your effort in sharing the information requested.

1. Based on the part number shared, it doesn't look like a Retail version of Intel Ethernet Adapter. With this, we'd like to set your expectation regarding our support for OEM version. 

We understand that this is an Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) Ethernet adapter. For OEM version of Ethernet adapters, it would be best if you can also get in touch with the manufacturer for further support since they have customized drivers, firmware and software to enable or alter features on your card. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet adapter.

2. Since it is working fine before, can you share if there are any software or hardware changes prior to the issue?

3. Unfortunately, we cannot answer this for now since we still doesn't have the exact model of your adapter. The only information we have for now is the Controller which was 82599. But for Retail adapters, the network adapter should work as expected as long as it is compatible with the system, OS and with the use of correct driver.

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
djpark01
Beginner

Hello Crisselle C.

I agree with your comments that I should discuss with Manufacturer for Ethernet adapter. 

I will get in touch with Manufacturer for this issue. 

I am very appreciate your comments.

Thank you for your help and support.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello djpark01,

Thank you for the reply and kind understanding. 

We hope that your discussion with your manufacturer will run smoothly so that the issue will be resolve as soon as possible. 

Please be informed that we will now close this request since you will now get in touch with your manufacturer. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos