Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4957 Discussions

About ixgben's QPair issue

MASATOSHI_T
Beginner

Hello.

The following event was listed in the VMware known issues, has it been resolved with the latest ixgben?

VMware has told me to contact the hardware vendor regarding the driver.

The latest version of the driver is ixgben 1.11.4.0.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Networking Issues
Reduced throughput in networking performance on Intel 82599/X540/X550 NICs
The new queue-pair feature added to ixgben driver to improve networking performance on Intel 82599EB/X540/X550 series NICs might reduce throughput under some workloads in vSphere 7.0 as compared to vSphere 6.7.

Workaround: To achieve the same networking performance as vSphere 6.7, you can disable the queue-pair with a module parameter. To disable the queue-pair, run the command:

# esxcli system module parameters set -p ""QPair=0,0,0,0..."" -m ixgben

After running the command, reboot."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello MASATOSHI_T, 

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Can you share the exact model of your Ethernet adapter for our record purposes? 

Awaiting to your reply. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
MASATOSHI_T
Beginner

The NIC used will be an Intel(R) Ethernet 10G 4P X550 rNDC.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello MASATOSHI_T, 

Thank you for the swift response. 

Before we further check this with our engineers, can you share the exact Operating System you used as we missed to capture this on our initial response.

Additionally, can you share if you have a ticket open with VMware? Can you share the ticket number so we can include the information when we escalate this request to our engineers. 

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello MASATOSHI_T, 

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you received our previous reply. If yes, please confirm and provide the additional information we request for us to continue checking your query. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello MASATOSHI_T, 

Good day!

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos