Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

After running Driver Assistant it found no Updates for Intel® Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter

roach
Beginner

I'm running Windows 10 64 bit and it downloaded and installed a Microsoft driver for my ethernet Intel® Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter.

Do you have any drivers for this product?

Here's more info:

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

Identify your products and get driver and software updates for most of your Intel hardware.

Sorry, no software updates are available.

Intel® Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter

• Manufacturer
  • Intel Corporation
  • Availability
  • Running at full power
  • Status
  • This device is working properly.
  • Installed
  • True
  • MAC Address
  • ***********HIDDEN FOR PRIVACY
  • Service Name
  • e1iexpress
  • Driver Provider
  • Microsoft
  • Driver Version
  • Driver Date
  • 4/5/2016
  • Device Id
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_10D3&SUBSYS_A01F8086&REV_00\4&23403E4F&0&00E7
  • Revision

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

You will not be getting any updates, enhancements, fixes, etc. Right now, it is what it is.

I suppose, with future update to W10, things could change (for the worse). If so, just find an add on card that is supported (PCI, PCIe x1) and gigabit, and you are good to go.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your adapter has only "in Box support". You will not find a driver update.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020905/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Doc

0 Kudos
roach
Beginner

Thank you.

What sort of implications does this have on performance and usability in the future?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You will not be getting any updates, enhancements, fixes, etc. Right now, it is what it is.

I suppose, with future update to W10, things could change (for the worse). If so, just find an add on card that is supported (PCI, PCIe x1) and gigabit, and you are good to go.

Doc

0 Kudos
roach
Beginner
Thanks for the heads up. It’s concerning to learn that intel has little support for this matter. I have had similar problems in the past with support on certain intel products. Nevertheless I am satisfied with this company and the products.
0 Kudos