Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5163 Discussions

Can Intel i225-t1 be installed in PCIe 3.0 slot?

A123-N
Novice

Can the Intel i225-t1 ethernet adapter card be installed in a PCIe 3.0 slot?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
B_Y
Employee

Hi @A123-N ,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.
The Intel Ethernet Network Adapter I225-T1's System Interface Type is PCIe 3.1 (5 GT/s).
In general, PCIe 3.1 / 3.0 also supports backward compatibility, so a PCIe 3.1 device can connected to a PCIe 3.0 system but may have stability issue.
Please refer to this specification: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/211808/intel-ethernet-network-adapter-i225t1/specifications.html

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. Thank you.

Regards,
BY_Intel
Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

4 Replies
B_Y
Employee

Hi @A123-N ,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.
The Intel Ethernet Network Adapter I225-T1's System Interface Type is PCIe 3.1 (5 GT/s).
In general, PCIe 3.1 / 3.0 also supports backward compatibility, so a PCIe 3.1 device can connected to a PCIe 3.0 system but may have stability issue.
Please refer to this specification: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/211808/intel-ethernet-network-adapter-i225t1/specifications.html

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. Thank you.

Regards,
BY_Intel
Intel Customer Support

A123-N
Novice

Thanks for the information regarding the stability issue.

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi @A123-N  ,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending a follow up if you have any questions from the previous post. If so, please let us know.
In case we do not hear from you, I will make a follow up on May 23th 2023. Thank you.

Regards,
BY_Intel
Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi @A123-N ,

PCI Express 3.1 consolidating various improvements to the published PCI Express 3.0 specification in three areas: power management, performance and functionality. Using device with similar interface will ensure optimization of network and its functionality.

We confirm receipt of your acceptance to the solution on this thread.

It will be closed soon today, in absence of other questions from you.

Regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support