Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5097 Discussions

Driver&Support says Network Adapter drivers 29.1 for Win10 V12.15 is needed, but finds no hardware

OldDX79SIUser
Beginner

Intel Driver&Support says I need Network Adapter drivers 29.1 for Win10 V12.15, once I download and install it, it finds that I have no Intel network hardware, but since my motherboard is Intel DX79SI and the Network Drivers are Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network for Ethernet and wireless, this confuses me. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

According to the Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Ethernet Controllers (LOM) page, Windows 10 driver support for this (long discontinued) adapter is only provided inbox with Windows 10. Installing later Intel driver packages will fail as there is no driver for this adapter present.

Sorry,

...S

P.S. Sadly, iDSA is often out to lunch on discontinued products.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello OldDX79SIUser,

Thank you for posting in the community!

To ensure you receive the most specialized assistance, we have a dedicated forum that addresses these specific concerns. Therefore, I will be moving this discussion to our Ethernet Forum. This will allow our knowledgeable community and experts to provide you with timely and accurate solutions.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi OldDX79SIUser,

Thank you for posting in Intel Community Forum.

Upon checking, Intel® 82574L Gigabit Ethernet Controller for Windows 10 comes in in-box only. Driver and software updates aren't planned for adapters with only in-box support. These adapters can't be updated using automated or manual methods.

You may want to refer to this link for your reference:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055236/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

For Adapter user guide for Intel Ethernet adapters that is valid for this product, please refer below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19373/28410/adapter-user-guide-for-intel-ethernet-adapters.html

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi OldDX79SIUser,

Good day,

This is related to your enquiries above, I would like to check if the issue has resolved?

If you have any questions or clarifications, please let me know.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi OldDX79SIUser,

Since we have not seen an update, we will be closing this forum case from our end. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos