Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5077 Discussions

E810-CQDA2T RX queue not receiving anything

5g_nic_user
Beginner

Hello All,

I have a E810-CQDA2T which I am running as 8x10G ports. I am having a virtual function on each port binded to DPDK and use about 4Gbps of link speed in both direction and have the PF for IPv4 traffic. Earlier when we used E810-XXVDA4T we had no issues with receiving data on queue 1 or queue 0 in rx on the PF, however I notice now with CQDA2T I have no data being received on the PF, also when I try to push data on PF, I can create a scenario where the DPDK Tx data is no longer flowing. I am not able to understand this behavior, to add this is also only happening to port 4 and port 6 (0 numbered) not on any other ports. Please help me fix this. 

Ethtool output:

driver: ice
version: 1.13.7
firmware-version: 4.40 0x8001c968 1.3534.0
expansion-rom-version:
bus-info: 0000:ca:00.0
supports-statistics: yes
supports-test: yes
supports-eeprom-access: yes
supports-register-dump: yes
supports-priv-flags: yes

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Simon-Intel
Employee

Hi 5g_nic_user,

Thank you for reaching out to the Intel community. We acknowledge receipt of your concern and want to assure you that assisting you is our top priority. To effectively troubleshoot the issue you're facing, we need some additional information from you.

Could you kindly provide the following details?

1. System details:
  2. Is the card embedded on the board or an add-on?

Your prompt response with this information will greatly assist us in diagnosing and resolving the issue as quickly as possible.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Simon

Intel customer support

0 Kudos
5g_nic_user
Beginner

Hey Simon,

Can you elaborate what do you mean by system details?

Here is what I understood: I am running this NIC on dual Intel Xeon Server which is using Ubuntu 22.04, (Dell R750). This card is an add on PCIe card.

0 Kudos
Ragulan_Intel
Employee

Hi 5g_nic_user.

Thanks for the feedback.

We would appreciate if you could let us know whether the mentioned NIC came together with the Dell Server, or it was separate purchase that is brought from Intel?

Regards,

Ragulan_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi 5g_nic_user,

Greeting for the day!

Thank you for sharing this information. Please provide clear snapshots of the front and back with the serial number visible. Kindly give us some time to review, and we will get back to you shortly.

Regards,

Azeem

Intel customer support

0 Kudos
5g_nic_user
Beginner

Hey Azeem and Ragulan,

This is a standalone PCIe NIC purchased directly from Intel. I am attaching pictures of the NIC box, NIC front and NIC back.

Thank You,

Vivek JainPXL_20240711_234412976.jpgPXL_20240711_234530032.jpgPXL_20240711_234511723_new.jpg

0 Kudos
RyanFeeko
New Contributor II

Hey @5g_nic_user just wondering if you managed to try perform clean driver and reinstall the latest version.

Clean Driver Installation Guide for Intel® Ethernet Connections:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/ethernet-products.html

Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html

0 Kudos
5g_nic_user
Beginner

Hey Guys,

I do not think any of the above mentioned questions, make any correlation with my issue. I am using a Linux Ubuntu 22.04 server, I have over 40 E810 XXVDA4T working fine so I did try reinstalling firmware and driver. This is the first time we are using E810-CQDA2T, and face issue on port 4 and port 6 when configuring the NIC to be in 8x10G mode. Can some one please help with this?

0 Kudos
MACM
Employee

Hi 5g_nic_user,

Greetings from Intel.

Hope you are doing great.

Thank you for the response.

We request you to please allow us some time as our internal team is looking into this.

Regards,

Mohammed Ali

0 Kudos