Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Ethernet connection lost 0.1sec randomly

VLa1
Beginner

Hello,

I have MSI x299 sli plus with I211 and I219-V

and since 2 to 3 weeks of connection problems to know more reception or upload for about 0.1ms.

This happens on both network cards randomly 1h like 10 minutes I tried also to go on a 4G connection and ADSL same symptoms.

The update of the drivers in 23.2 does not change anything and a complete reinstallation of windows 10 pro no change.

it's very annoying in online games if you have solutions ..

thank you

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Vivian.L,

Thank you for posting in Wired Ethernet Communities. Please refer to below information:

1) Was there any recent changes made on your system?

2) Have you tried using the driver from MSI board vendor. since these are onboard NIC, changes might have been made on the NIC to adapt to the design on the board, thus it is recommended to use the customized driver from MSI which is more suitable.

3) Does this issue occurred only when you are playing certain online game?

4) Can you clarify this "This happens on both network cards randomly 1h like 10 minutes" are you saying this will happen like in one hour and there is 10 minutes of disconnection?

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

Agent under contract to Intel

0 Kudos
VLa1
Beginner

Hello,

I have test with msi drivers no change.

All games online (cs go / Overwatch / Quake )

To clarify the situation, the problem of "freeze" can happen anytime after 5 minutes of play like 2 hours is really random.

I have desactivate hyper-v no change..

tonight after 25 min "freeze"

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Vivain.L,

Thank you for the information.

1) Was there any recent changes made on your system prior this issue happened?

2) Have you tried changing the cable to isolate the issue?

3) Will you be encountering this issue in normal browsing?

4) You can try checking on the advance property of the NIC to adjust some setting, you need to try to adjust based on your network environment, you may

refer to this link for reference (note: some parameter be different due to customized setting from board vendor)

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005593/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

5) Have you tried contacting MSI* the notebook vendor as they are in better position to check on the hardware aspect for embedded components on their system.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
VLa1
Beginner

Hi

1) only change was update to 1803 and Hyper-V in Windows option but same result with fresh install with no hyper-v

2) 4G and ADSL was diffèrent câble CAT6 UTP

3) i have test in data transfer in my NAS same issu look screenshot

4) i have disable all Advanced property (wake on lan power saving etc..)

5) no contacting MSI for the moment i'm sure it's drivers or update Windows the problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Vivian.L,

Thank you for the information. As this happened with Windows 10 RS4 and you have tried the version 23.2 the latest driver version but issue still persist. please try contacting the notebook vendor to further check, a customize driver from the notebook vendor is recommended.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Vivian.L,

Please feel free to update if you have contacted MSI* support to check on the driver and if there is issue when updating to Windows 10 RS4.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Vivian.L,

As an additional informaiton, there are many possible cause for game freeze and may not even be related to the onboard NIC, please contact the motherboard manufacturer for better investigation. Thank you.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos