Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Ethernet doesn't work.

Parttime
Beginner

I recently dug up my old pc because It is a bit more powerful than my laptop. I found out that my hard drive was totally dead so I checked around the apartment and found one that worked, but it didn't have no system installed on it, so I took my USB and got it working. After all this I noticed that it doesn't connect to Ethernet and I looked around to notice that it apparently didn't have necesary drivers and even the SWSetup folder. I don't know what to do anymore. I checked a lot of forums and tried to download drivers manualy and carry them over to my pc but It doesn't work no matter what and says that I'm missing something to finish driver installing process. I'm desperate now. Can anyone help me at all? Ethernet is my only problem. I only need to get it working and that's it. Btw, PC is not that young and made up of a lot of spare parts. It seems that Intel mother board is some kind of premade one but that's all that I know.

P.S - I don't know which board I should post this.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is the model number of your system?   Without knowing your system model number, or motherboard model number, or ethernet adapter model number, there is nothing that can be done as there are hunderds of ethernet adapter models.

If you do have an Intel motherboard, provide the model number, or AA number, which is on the board.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
Parttime
Beginner

This is all that my Motherboard has on.

It seems that there are two rows of numbers and letters:

-BTWW12800F9P

and

-AAG23116-204

Does this help?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You have a DH61WW board.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/54876/intel-desktop-board-dh61ww.html

The technical specification is here:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/54876/intel-desktop-board-dh61ww.html

The board uses a 82579V gigabit ethernet controller.  The drivers are here:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/52963/intel-82579v-gigabit-ethernet-phy.html

[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
Parttime
Beginner

Thank you! I'll be trying them out later. I see that some of drivers are the ones that I already tried but failed to install because ir required something else beforehand. I'm worried that It could be because of SWSetup folder missing. I hope these work, tho!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What OS are you using?

[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
Parttime
Beginner
0 Kudos
Parttime
Beginner

So, I tried to get those drivers running but none worked for the ethernet (some ran into problems). In device manager it shows bunch of drivers and they are all active, but Ethernet still doesn't work. I even checked BIOS if necesary settings were on and they were. What to do?

I knwo for fact that wire works on other devices and when plugged into PC it shows the usual lights.

0 Kudos