Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

Ethernet interface design: Triple-Speed Ethernet Intel FPGA IP core is connected to external PHY. What does "uninitialized" mean?

sduan2
Beginner

QQ图片20190710164353.pngHello everyone!​

I am using the de10-nano board to design an Ethernet interface for ARM.The MAC portion USES triple-speed Ethernet Intel FPGA IP Core, which is then externally connected to the PHY.But when I started Linux, something like the image above appeared on the terminal.Also, the Ethernet interface I designed didn't work.I guess that "uninitialized" might have something to do with the fact that my Ethernet interface doesn't work. Does anyone know what that means?I hope someone can help me with this.If you want to know more information, please contact me and I will provide it to you.

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much!

song​

0 Kudos
2 Replies
czhan75
Beginner

when you design the hardware with platform design,you may did not assign address for the ethernet device,so there display the warning

0 Kudos
sduan2
Beginner

Dear sir:

Glad to receive your reply!

This question has been bothering me for a long time,and could you tell me the details about how to assign address for the ethernet device when I design the hardware on the platform designer?I did design the hardware on platform designer, but I didn't know how to assign address for the Ethernet devices.

Thank you very much and look forward to your reply!

song

0 Kudos