Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Ethernet port burn or Can it be fixed ?

EStam1
Beginner

Details :

Ethernet port of motherboard is not working , both 2 lights of port are always off .

Device Manager : Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V cannot start _ code : 10

It also says that operation failed _operation asked failed

Motherboard : Asus H170M-PLUS

Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V

Cause : Lighting

Whole setup is connected to a surge arrest .

How I can be sure that the ethernet port is not functional ?

Can it be fixed ?

Like reseting CMOS or in any other way ?

If not what do you recomend ? Buy just a new usb to ethernet controller or a new Network Card Controller ?

If need more details ask for .

Thank you .

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Estamos,

Thank you for posting at Wired Communities. Based on what you described, if the ethernet I219-V on the Asus board has physical or hardware problem, you need to contact the board vendor which is Asus in your case, as the I219-V is part of their motherboard, they are in best position to check on the hardware and provides warranty replacement if the board is eligible for replacement. You may refer to below link for the Intel network connection support

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000006628.html?wapkw=oem+network

Hope this clarified.

Thanks,

sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Estamos,

Just to double check, as you mentioned the whole setup is connect to surge arrest and there is no lights when you try connect the cable, have you tried the following:

1) Connecting the I219 ethernet to a switch?

2) Have you tried testing on different ports and cable?

3) Are you able to ping the network adapter?

4) Did you try re-installing the driver?

Thanks,

sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Estamos,

Please feel free to provide the information for me to better check on your concern.

Thanks,

Sharon
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Estamos,

You can check with your board vendor what are the compatible network adapter for your system in case you plan to purchase an external network adapter. It is recommended to check with your board vendor for the validated/compatible parts. Thank you.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos