Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

FreeBSD 11.3 ixl problems

jb007
Beginner

FreeBSD 11.3 using driver 1.12.3 compiled from Intel's website.  NVM version is 7.10. /etc/sysctl.conf contains: net.inet.tcp.tso=0

After booting the system the NICs are enabled and I'll see the following message: "ixl: TX queue still enabled!".  This message will be repeated multiple times even if I don't have an IP address set on the interface.

If I enable VLANs on the interfaces, when booting I get a bunch of "ixl: warning: queue appears to be hung!" messages. 

NOTE: If I leave the switch ports disabled, boot the system completely, then enable the switch ports, everything works fine. I get no warnings or errors.

I've seen other posts with similar issues but I can't seem to get a combination that solves this for my system.  Would a newer (or older) NVM version solve this?  Is there anything else that I should try?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello jb007,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the exact model of the switch used and the Network card. You may share the PBA number of the adapter. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number. Providing photos of the adapter focusing on the markings (white sticker) found on the physical card will be highly appreciated for us to double check on it. The PBA consists 6-3 digit number located at the last part of the serial number.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Awaiting to your reply.

In case we don't hear from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello jb007,

Good day!

We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to proceed checking your request. In case you have questions and clarifications, feel free to let us know.

We hope to hear form you soon.

Should there be no reply, we will reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello jb007,

I hope this message finds you well!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
jb007
Beginner

I didn't get any notifications that you had replied.  Is there another way to gather the information you need  to identify the NIC?  The NICs are in a server in a remote data center.  The NICs were purchased from Dell so they are most likely Dell-branded.  However, Dell has not be able to help me resolve this issue.

0 Kudos