Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Genuine Intel X550 but Yottamark MAC wrong?

BGrus1
Beginner

Hello,

I recently purchased an Intel X550-T2 Network Adapter from a large online vendor based in City of Industry, CA. The network card was sold by the online vendor themself, not a marketplace vendor.

I know that counterfeit cards are a real problem and I want to do the utmost to make certain my card is genuine. I was excited to find the YottaMark on the back of the card. I loaded up verify.yottamark.com, put in my code, and the code validates as valid. It also points to the correct product type, correct manufacturing date, correct product name, and correct PBA number. Unfortunately, the MAC address on the YottaMark page and the MAC address printed on the box/card label differ.

Should I consider the card counterfeit and return it? I assume the MAC addresses should match between the actual card and YottaMark or is there some known issue with this?

Other than the MAC mismatch, the card looks very good. The PulseJacks look laser etched, etc.

What is the best way to validate I have a genuine card? How big of a problem is the mis-matched MAC address?

Thanks,

Barry

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Barry,

Thank you for posting in Wired Ethernet Community.

We'd suggest to contact Yottamark support (mailto:support@yottamark.com support@yottamark.com) and share with them your concern. In parallel, I've sent you a private message requesting for the Yottamark sticker details and the markings printed on the card label of your X550-T2 so we can help you check internally.

Regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
BGrus1
Beginner

Thanks Vince.

I have sent you a PM with all the pertinent information and I have also emailed yottamark with the information. I will update this thread when I learn something.

Thanks,

Barry

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Barry, I'll also check this on my end.

Regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
BGrus1
Beginner

An update for anyone else who finds this post or has this problem; Vince worked with me and was able to eventually validate that my X550 was valid. I have been told Yottamark is updating their database and it should be corrected soon. As of right now, it is still incorrect in Yottamark.

Thanks for the help Vince!

Barry

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Barry, we're glad to be of assistance, please let us know if you still have other assistance needed for your Intel(R) X550-T2 Network Adapter.

regards,

Vince

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Barry, we've checked the Yottamark site and it is already updated to reflect the correct MAC address.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos