Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4852 Discussions

How to change Device ID of EEPROM of Ether NIC

tggam
Beginner

Is it possible to change Device ID (1533) to another number in EEPROM of NIC?
If yes, please share how to change it. 

[root@SNIPER device]# lspci -nn | grep -i ether
03:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1533] (rev 03)
04:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1533] (rev 03)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello tggam,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Just to clarify, are you into designing or customizing your own board with Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection? If yes, we have a different team who handles this request. Once we have your confirmation, we will move this thread to assist you further. 

In case you are not into designing, can you please share the brand and model of your motherboard? Please also let us know your intended configuration and the reason why do you wish to change Device ID (1533) to another number in EEPROM of NIC so we can check this with our engineers.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello tggam,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you have read our initial response. If yes, please confirm and provide the information requested so we can proceed checking your query. 

Looking forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello tggam,

How are you doing?

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

May you have an amazing rest of your week and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
tggam
Beginner

Hi  

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello tggam,

No worries at all. 

We are glad to hear that you are able to change the EEPROM ID using the NVM utility. This will be helpful for other users having the same inquiry. Thank you for the effort in sharing this with us. 

We will now proceed with request closure. 

Thank you for choosing Intel!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos