Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4965 Discussions

How to get Intel CNA X540-T1 work at full speed in Windows 11??

AlessioBolo
Beginner

Hello,

I've got a genuine intel X540-T1 ethernet card. I tried to install it on a workstation running Windows11 and used the latest 27.4 driver pack. I know the drivers in the package are for Windows10, but I wanted to try if the card works even in Windows 11 with those drivers.

It does, but it is NOT working at full speed.

Running an iperf3 test, I can get it running at 1.5Gbps when transmitting and 3.8Gbps when receiving.

On the same machine I can get the X540 working at full speed if I run a live Linux distro.

Is there any workaround? Is a Windows 11 driver foreseen? Many people like me have such a kind of network cards and would like to use them in workstations instead of budget 10Gbps adapters.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello AlessioBolo,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Upon checking, Windows 11 Operating system is not listed as supported OS for X540-T1. Please visit this link for list of Supported Operating Systems for Retail Intel® Ethernet Adapters

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025890/ethernet-products.html

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlessioBolo
Beginner

Dear Crisselle,

I already know Windows 11 is not among the supported OS. However, as I own this NIC and it is working very well out of Windows 11, I'm asking if Windows 11 support is in the plans.

As mentioned, the NIC is working fine, no disconnections, and I'm able to use internet and any other connection, but I can't get the full 10Gbps speed when communicating with my NAS.

I'm pretty sure it's a driver issue and I'm here to ask for some support from Intel. I know many users would be happy for that.

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello AlessioBolo,

Thank you for the reply and we apologize if we misunderstood your query. 

Please allow us to further check your query with our engineers. We will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 3 business days. 

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello AlessioBolo,

Thank you for the patience on this matter. 

Please see below update from our engineering. 

Unfortunately, there are no published plans to add support for Windows 11 for the X540. The X540 series of adapters were discontinued prior to release of Windows 11.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused. Please be informed that we will now close this request. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Hoping for your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
brittonv
Beginner

There is no understanding.  Know that the decision to orphan your hardware is why so many of us now choose other manufactures.  It's why my new computer is AMD CPU/GPU. 

But I tried Intel again and purchased this same 10gb card and am in disbelief Intel's support is so bad with this card.  

0 Kudos