Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

I see Packet loss with UDP Multicast, everytime i start parallel a TCP Transmission on a Dell Notebook with Intel I217-LM on Windows 10.

MScho18
Beginner

To Debug this issue i reinstalled Win10 1809 and use only the installed Network driver from Win10 12.15.22.6 and disabled the Windows Firewall.

The Test Setup receiving up to 10 UDP A/V Multicast Transport Streams.

Thease 10 Multicast generate a network traffic around 100mb/s. This is running for minutes without any Packet loss on all 10 streams.

In the Moment i start a copy from a bigger file from my network i have some errors on some Multicast.

The funny thing i only have Packet loss on Multicast ending with odd number.

Means on Mulicast 239.252.20.21, 239.252.20.23 i have errors while on MC 239.252.20.20, 239.252.20.90 there are none.

So i tried on the Ethernet settings and changed the transmitt Buffer from defaut 512to something different with the result that the Packet loss are on the even while the odd do not have any Packet loss again or vice versa.

Example:

Transmitt Buffer 80 even have errors, 88 odd have errors, 512 odd have errors, 520 even have errors, 2048 even have errors.

So next Step update driver from 12.15.22.6 to 12.18.8.9 (23.5.2)

After the update i have errors on all Multicast even or odd if i start a TCP transmission.

Any idea is welcome

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mike_Intel
Hello MScho18, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Upon checking, driver version 23.5.2 is already the latest generic driver from Intel. Have you tried contacting Dell if they have a driver for this notebook? Dell may have altered some settings or specifications of the network card. And also, have you tried a different notebook or laptop on your network? If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello MScho18, Please let us know if you were able to contact Dell regarding this issue. If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to ask Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello MScho18, Just checking if you tried contacting Dell about the issue. If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos