Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4791 Discussions

I210 CS Driver Source Code for VxWorks

Siddh4nt
Beginner

Hi,

I hope everyone is great!

I'd like to know about I210 CS Ethernet Adapter Compatibility with VxWorks.

Where can I obtain the source code of the driver and what necessary changes are required to implement (if any) in the driver in order to make it compatible with VxWorks OS.

If there are any other points which could be helpful, kindly share with me, it would be a great help.

Since it is for the first time I am going to use VxWork, I am trying to learn about its driver implementation process, so any kind of hint/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

-Siddhant

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Siddhant, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. We will check your query and update you as soon as possible. Hoping for your patience. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Siddh4nt
Beginner

Hi Crissellec,

Could you please confirm it? We need to close this issue ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Siddhant

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Siddhant, Thank you for waiting on our update and we apologize for the delay. Please be informed that VxWorks is not included in the list of operating system for I210-CS, you can check this link for reference. https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88741/intel-ethernet-controller-i210-cs.html If VxWorks is similar to Linux, you can look into the igb driver of I210 available in the sourceforge link below. (This link will bring you to a third party website, owned and operated by an independent party over which Intel has no control. Intel is not responsible for information outside of the Intel Web site.) https://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/files/igb%20stable/ Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Siddh4nt
Beginner

Thank you @CrisselleC_Intel​  for the updates.

I'll check the same and would come back to you.

Warm Regards,

Siddhant

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Siddhant, Thank you for the reply. Please do not hesitate to post on this thread once there's an update. Let us know if you have additional questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Siddhant, Please let us know if you need further assistance for this matter. Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Siddh4nt
Beginner

Hi Crisstellec,

Thanks for asking me.

We're still working on it. VxWorks Kernel I think is slightly different than Linux Kernel and its API and process for driver implementation is also different. This is my initial study, still am figuring out.

Could you tell me what degree of customization we can do with the drivers (If we want to remove the Linux OS system) for the I210 CS adapter.

Is there any No OS driver which I can integrate with any RTOS? I tried to search this but in the No OS driver section I found the driver which is implemented for Linux.

Please take a look on this, share some useful contents. It would be great help and support.

Thanking you.

Regards,

Siddhant.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Siddhant, Thank you for the reply. We will further check on this and update you as soon as possible. Hoping for your patience. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Siddh4nt
Beginner

Dear Crissellec,

Is there any update? Please let me know, Waiting for helpful contents.

Thanks & Regards,

Siddhant

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Siddhant, We apologize for the delay. We've sent you a private message regarding your query. Kindly check your inbox. Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Siddh4nt
Beginner

Hi Crissellec,

Good Day!

I'd like to know is there any document describing the API/Routines of Driver provided by Intel, It would be useful to understand the driver and its function if possibly I get such documents.

Just let me know if such documents are available, and guide me how I can obtain the same.

Looking forward.

Warm Regards,

-Siddhant

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Siddhant, Thank you for the patience. Please be informed that the NDA is applicable for the Windows driver source code and it might not be useful to you since your request is for Vxworks driver or no-OS driver which we don't have either of those. With this, we would suggest to contact VxWorks support for the required drivers. You might want to visit the link below as there was another customer that was able to modify the Vxworks driver to work with the I210 https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004905xDSAQ/i210-driver-for-vxworks-551 Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Siddhant, Kindly let us know if you were able to contact VxWorks regarding your request. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Siddhant, We'd like to check if you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter. Looking forward to hear from you. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Siddh4nt
Beginner

Hi Crissellec,

Thank you for the support. Your time and effort are highly appreciated. We're still working on it. In case we have doubts and questions I will get back to you.

Thanks & Regards,

Siddhant

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Siddhant, Thank you for the reply. If you have questions and clarifications in the future, please do not hesitate to post on this thread. Have a lovely day! Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos