Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

I210 Teaming after Windows 10 April 2018 Update

n_
Novice

I had a pair of I210 NICs (a dual-NIC motherboard) teamed via Static Link Aggregation and all was working fine until today when Windows 10 x64 decided to apply the April 2018 cumulative update. The page providing the respective drivers with ANS support (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=64399 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=64399) states that the latest version is 23.1 (dated 2018-02-21). Even with this latest driver, however, I can re-create the team, but it cannot be enabled. The only way to keep things in a sort of working state is to disable one of the NICs as well as the virtual team interface and keep only the other NIC active (i.e., not an ideal scenario).

Is there any chance that a new version of the driver will be available soon?

Thanks.

nvx

108 Replies
SWund1
Beginner

Dear Support Team,

1. Windows 10 (RS3)

2. WIndows 10 (RS4)

3. attached

4. No

5. No

6. No

7. Yes but not working

8. Yes

9. No

10. Unable to create team see Post 02.06.2018 07:35

11. try both files. Error is same

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HI Morpheus82 and Ricoc,

Thank you for the information. We will further look into this.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

Agent under contract to Intel
0 Kudos
bcoop1
Beginner

• What was the previous Version of Windows 10 (version) - Prior to upgrade

1709 (16299)

• What is the current Windows 10 (version) – Following upgrade

1803 (17134)

• Run Intel® SSU and share output txt file with customer support: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/

File Added.

• Did you remove Teams prior to upgrade?

No Teams were initially added.

• Did you remove VLAN prior to upgrade?

Yes.

• Did you remove PROSet SW and Ethernet drivers prior to upgrade?

Yes. Complete removal and reinstall.

• Following upgrade to Windows 10 RS4 do your Teams and VLANs still exist?

Phantom or invisible state, or simply fails to function.

• Are you able to remove these Teams or VLANs?

Yes, via device manager and powershell.

• Are you able to create Teams or VLANs?

Yes, but in a failure state.

Teams will always fail to initialize, but appear to be created via a virtual adapter, but fails to function with LACP.

VLANS fail to be created, but appear listed in the network connections list.

On creation of said features, they are not listed in the Adapter properties tabs for VLANs or Teams.

• If you are not able to create Teams or VLANs, what error messages are you receiving (be specific)

Teams: "Creating New Team Failed" - There is two spaces between Team and Failed, as if its expecting a variable.

VLANs: "One or more VLAN(s) could not be created. Please check the adapter status and try again"

• Did you install the correct PROSet SW release 23.2: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283 for the complete driver pack, or for just Windows 10: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016

Yes. The minimal package for win10 only, and have attempt the 300MB zip archive file.

0 Kudos
SWund1
Beginner

Dear Intel Support,

is there a solution in the near future?

Greetings morpheus82

0 Kudos
NMoid
Beginner

please try this answer some people (including me) are able to get their vlan and teaming back

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ricoc,

Please help provide information below for further investigation:

1) What version of PROSet (not just the driver versions) did you start out with prior to the OS upgrade?

2) At what point in the process did you upgrade to version 23.2?

3) Were you running any network traffic over the VLANs/Teams while performing the upgrade?

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Morpheus82,

Please help provide information below for further investigation:

1) What version of PROSet (not just the driver versions) did you start out with prior to the OS upgrade?

2) At what point in the process did you upgrade to version 23.2?

3) Were you running any network traffic over the VLANs/Teams while performing the upgrade?

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
RChiu4
Novice

1. Ver 23.1

2. After the 23.2 release

3. I am connect to the internet using the teams

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ricoc and Morpheus82,

Thank you for the information, we will further investigate.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JCong1
Beginner

Had upgraded this machine about a month ago from 1709 to 1803, and despite installing 23.2 drivers, teaming was broken. So I reverted back to 1709 and 23.1 and all was working. I decided to try it again, but this time did the following steps:

- Started with 1709 and intel 23.1 with working static LAG team (Team # 0).

- Removed 23.1, which also removed Team # 0

- Installed 23.2 on 1709. Created Team # 1709 and verified it worked. Set static IP and intel software complained that Team # 0 was using this IP, even though not active. Asked if I wanted to delete Team # 0. I said yes, but it did not exist in Device Manager, so it is a super ghost adapter, I guess.

- Everything still working.

- Proceeded to upgrade to 1803. Once installed, Team # 1709 was gone from ethernet adapter list and did not exist in device manager.

- Created Team # 1803 and it worked!! Set static IP and software complained that Team# 1709 was using this IP. Team # 1709 did not exist in Device Manager, so another super ghost adapter lingering somewhere. This time software asked if I wanted to use a different IP, with no option to delete Team # 1709. I said no, but everything is working.

- Under the Team # 1809 properties, the checkmark next to 'Intel ANS' is UNCHECKED, but everything is working. When you check the box, it says ANS will be disabled. Something is definitely backwards/not right in the intel software.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi All,

Please be informed our engineering team is still looking in the issue and will post an update as soon as possible. Thank you for the patience.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
GCatt
Beginner

Not working for me. Installed 23.2 software without issue. Go into device manager to create my team and get the following error:

"Creating new team failed."

Please let me know how to get teaming working. Thank-you.

0 Kudos
JAase
New Contributor I

So....

What about the 1809 build?
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi johnkristian,

Team configuration for Microsoft Windows*10 1809 (RS5) will be available in SW Release 23.5. This SW is expected in November of 2018.

For complete details, please refer to this /community/tech/wired/blog/2018/10/23/team-and-vlan-configuration-for-microsoft-windows-10-1809-rs5-and-microsoft-windows-server-2019-will-be-available-in-sw-release-234 blog post.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi All,

SW version 23.5 is already available for download, please visit the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

You need to use Windows PowerShell* to create the Team. Kindly check out the link below for details on how to import the PROSet PowerShell* module and command to create Team.:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023545/network-and-i-o.html

Let us know if it fixes your Team issue.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi All,

Hope your issue with Teaming has been resolved.

Please let us know if there's other assistance needed.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
ARosb
Beginner

The latest major WIndows Update removed my NIC team.

I installed 23.5 as per the link above. I'm trying to use the PowerShell command "New-IntelNetTeam" but after I've entered the parameters it just sits there with a blinking cursor...

Not resolved for me, in other words...

0 Kudos
n_
Novice

@ARosb​: You could try to create the team the usual way, i.e., via the "Teaming" tab in the adapter properties dialog window. At least that's what I did just before @VinceT_Intel​  added his post regarding the new driver (v.23.5) and PowerShell. (Mind you, I did manually remove the team before applying the Windows 1809 update, which may or may not have some effect.)

0 Kudos
ARosb
Beginner

Thanks for that. Unfortunately the "Teaming" tab hasn't shown up the Adapter Properties dialog in years on my system.

I had disabled automatic updates some weeks ago but then forgot about the expiry date on the disabling. So I got home one day and Windows was updated. Last time this happened the only way to enable teaming again was to reinstall Windows... 😑

0 Kudos
ZKłos
New Contributor I

The old GUI-based way of creating teams/VLANs (using tabs in Device Manager) is not possible/not supported on Windows 10 1809. 23.5 drivers are required to support teams/VLANs on 1809 release and the only way to create these are new Intel's PowerShell commands which seem to be broken somehow.

0 Kudos
n_
Novice

Hmm, I really did create the team via GUI immediately after updating Windows to 1809, but now that I look at the driver versions in the Properties dialogs, these say "9.9.0.59 (7 Sep 2018)" in case of the actual team and "12.15.184.0 (3 Jul 2018)" for both the teamed adapters. Strange... But the teaming works fine, so "it it ain't broke, don't fix it". ;)

0 Kudos