Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4889 Discussions

INTEL Driver for AC7260 higher than 18.33.11?

RobRoy
Novice

I have an new WiFi router (TP-Link AX55) that is not working due to it being WiFi 6 and my adapter is using 18.22.11.1 I'm told that Intel no longer supports the adapter but was there a version that did support WiFi 6 before the discontinuation in 2023?  I'm told the driver needs to be 18.33.13 or higher.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

For Windows 10 support and compatibility with WiFi 6-capable routers (even though this adapter supports only WiFi 5), you need driver version 18.33.17.1. This is provided in the 21.10.1 package. All subsequent package versions do not provide a driver for this adapter. All previous packages did not provide these capabilities (though some have support for Windows 10).

As the adapter is discontinued, Intel has stopped hosting appropriate driver packages. I have copies of the packages in my archive that support both this and other discontinued adapters. Use this link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T to access my archive. Subfolders provide the final driver packages for most of the Discontinued Wireless adapters.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

For Windows 10 support and compatibility with WiFi 6-capable routers (even though this adapter supports only WiFi 5), you need driver version 18.33.17.1. This is provided in the 21.10.1 package. All subsequent package versions do not provide a driver for this adapter. All previous packages did not provide these capabilities (though some have support for Windows 10).

As the adapter is discontinued, Intel has stopped hosting appropriate driver packages. I have copies of the packages in my archive that support both this and other discontinued adapters. Use this link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T to access my archive. Subfolders provide the final driver packages for most of the Discontinued Wireless adapters.

Hope this helps,

...S

RobRoy
Novice

I can't thank you enough for your help here.  Intel certainly has left some of us in the learch.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yea, I know. Sadly, Intel has lost respect for its customers. Customer Orientation was important once (and indeed I was rewarded for mine in my early years there), but seemingly no more. All I see now is this "What have you bought from us lately?" attitude. Marketing reigns. Shareholder return is everything. They just don't seem to get that the customers left in the lurch aren't going to purchase their products in the future. As I look at the ways that AMD is kicking their a$$es, well, you know what's contributing to it.

Off my soapbox now,

...S

0 Kudos
RobRoy
Novice
Yes, I've seen it ruin more than company. It's sad. I thought that Germany was a bit immune (I worked with them for a couple of decades) but even they seemed to be succumbing recently. I know, based on my experience, Intel will not be on my component buy list if I can possibly avoid them.
0 Kudos