Hi, I have updated my drivers to the latest ones from the Intel Website. But I still can't get my wired connection to go above 100mbps. My current internet connection from my service provider is 500mbps. The Killer Wireless-N 1202 is able to connect and give me 300mbps download as that is the max throughput for the Killer Wireless-N card.
So far, I have changed the drivers to even older versions, used brand new CAT6 cables - and confirmed these cables are fine by using them with a PC and another laptop that supports 1GB connections.
Please advise and help me resolve this.
thanks & regards
Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.
I am really sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the Killer NIC.
We will check this issue and kindly give us 1 to 2 business days to provide an update.
Intel® Customer Support Technician
Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.
We would like to inform you that the Killer E2200 Ethernet is a Legacy unsupported product, therefore, we kindly recommend checking this further with your Computer Manufacturer for assistance with drivers and support.
If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.
Thank you for your understanding.
Intel Customer Support Technician
Hey man having the same Issue with my MSI Dominator with same etthernet issues wont let it go above 100 mbps did you end up figuring out the fix for this reply would be much appreciated!!
I had the same problem. Here's how I fixed it.
1. Launch your Killer Network Manager.
2. Click the Network box.
3. This will show you a screen called "Internet Provider Speed."
4. There's a box there labeled "Enable Bandwidth Control." UNCHECK this box.
5. Click the Apply Changes button.
6. Now do a speed test.
I'm not sure how this bandwidth control setting was enabled on my computer. I certainly would have never checked that box.
Thanks for replying. Can you please share the driver that you have used. Because now these drivers aren't available on the Intel website, and they are not even providing any support. And as you know the Killer Network website no longer exist as Intel has taken over the products - but still don't provide the proper support that's needed.
At the moment I'm using generic drivers since I've reset the PC and I'm tired of no one having a proper answer to this issue. Most of the people having the E2200 series are still facing the issues and have not yet resolved it.
So, if you have a link for the drivers I'm willing to test your solution. Thanks.
Hi Ivagin, thanks for replying.
Can you please guide exactly which drivers I should download. As in the 9.0.0.xx link, there are drivers listed for Rivet Networks and the Rivet Networks - Lan killer driver is v188.8.131.52
The 184.108.40.206 has drivers listed by Rivet Networks only.
And the Killer Suite has a note mentioning it doesn't include latest drivers for E2200.
Try to install the driver 220.127.116.11 and if it does not fit, then install the older version.
These drivers have support for the E2200 adapter.
It's all one driver only with different versions and different support for Killer Performance Suite.
Driver 18.104.22.168 is current from 2020 and supports the latest versions of Killer Performance Suite.
After installing the driver 22.214.171.124 or older, you will be able to install Killer Performance Suite.
Okay, here's what I've done so far and all the test I've done. I use BitDefender Total Security 2021 and for these test I have completely disabled the Windows Defender Services and have uninstalled BitDefender.
Hardware, Service Provider & other relevant details:
Speed package: 1.0GBP/s
Device: Alienware m14x r3
Ethernet, Wireless & Bluetooth Adapter: Killer NIC 1202 802.11n WiFi
OS: OEM OS Windows 8, Upgraded to LIcensed Window 10 Professional
Winver: Windows 10 v21h1 (OS Build 19043.1348)
Drivers & Software Installed:
KillerPerformanceSuite - As recommended above - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19779/intel-killer-performance-suite.html & from UWP from Microsoft Store.
Below images and their description:
1. AfterInstall-NoRestart: After installing the speed shows 1.0GBPS but none of the website loads in the browser. I'm trying to load speedtest.net in the background as you can see in the screenshot.
2.Google.com-PingStatus: As you can see from the screenshot there is packet loss but only once. But still I can't load google.com in the browser as well.
3. AfterRestart: Speed shows 100MBPS, websites are loading properly in browser.
4. KillerNetworkingSuite: Just a shot of what the suite looks like.
5. Speedtest-KillerNetwork: The speeds are locked under 100MBPS.
I disabled the ethernet adapter and re-enabled and the speed was showing 1.0GBPS again. So decided to do another test via torrent.
6. TorrentTestSpeed(Ethernet): I decided to download UBUNTU ISO image from the website provided link. This test was done via ethernet connection and as you can see the speed for download is 2.5MB/s and it went upto 2.9MB/s but not higher.
7. TorrentTestSpeed(WIFI): I also did a test by downloading via the wireless card and same ISO image and the speed were 11.7MB/s which is what my current speed package is from my provider.
So, after doing all above there's still an issue.