Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

[Info required please read!] Advanced Centrino N 6235 Problems/Issues.

TMGR
Beginner

Currently we have many reported issues regarding the Centrino Advanced N 6235 card.

So far Intel, IT Manufacturers & Router Manufacturers all pass blame over to other parties.. But It could be down to any of the following.

> Intel N 6235 H/W Issue?

> Intel Software (driver/firmware) issue?

> Laptop/PC Manufacturer issue?

> Router (Chipset/Firmware) issue?

I need your help to build a bigger picture of Hardware causing issues, please include Hardware Vender info in your reply.

Keep it basic as per below.

[Basic Issue] = Signal Strength or Connection Speed

[Standard Used] = 802.11n

[PC/Laptop Vender] = Samsung/Dell/Toshiba etc..

[Router Vender/Model] = Asus RT-N66U Dark Knight

[ISP Provider] = SKY / BT

Please help to make awareness of this post in other Forums.. It 's important we gather as much info as possible

Thanks TechMGR

IMPORTANT: If using 802.11n (High Throughput) Router - Performance issues will occur if using "WEP" or "TKIP" encryption.. Encryption default should be AES or AP mode.&# 13; &# 13; Please check settings.

0 Kudos
25 Replies
SPale
Beginner

[Basic Issue] = Signal Strength, connection dropout's (I can't download), several package loss (I can't play online games).

[PC/Laptop Vender] = Samsung.

[Router Vender/Model] = D-LINK DIR-600 (Home), Linksys TL-WR941ND (Work) and all others, but I don't know the model/manufacturer.

[ISP Provider] = Telefônica (Brazil), NET (Brazil)

Aditional info: If enables N mode and bluetooth amr, the ping on gateway, the ping is too high (300~500ms). If I disable bluetooth and N Mode, the ping normalize in 1~2ms. But I have sporadic package loss (0,5 to 4%), and I can't to play online games, for example.

If I set wifi to full resources, the connection drops in every 2~10 minutes.

0 Kudos
etaus
Novice

[Basic Issue] =Disconnection

[PC/Laptop Vender] = Samsung

[Router Vender/Model] =TP-Link TL-WR941N

[ISP Provider] =IPLAN, Argentina

0 Kudos
TGnie
Beginner

[Basic Issue] = Connection loss, also Signal strenght is low (To fix it im in direct visibility of router antena 8m away)

[Standard Used] = 802.11g

[Driver] = now 15.3.1.2, was tested also with 15.1.1, 15.3.1, 15,8.0

[PC/Laptop Vender] = Samsung NP700Z7C-S01UK

[Router Vender/Model] = Mikrotik 493G, WiFi card: Wistron DNMA92 using Artheros 9220 chipset,

the same behaviour with FritzBox 7140 and GemBird WNP-RP-001 repeater

[ISP Provider] = Giga Internet (altough it doesnt matter as LAN connection is dropping as well)

Tried all different drivers from Intel , new ones, old ones, Dell ones. Cannot rollback to MS driver (is removed from PC and have no other source).

Other hint: maybe overheating issue: after disabling the card is wokring for about 30 minutes. Then connection start to drop more frequently.

With newest driver version additionally Im getting extreeme long ping replies every few minutes - times between 500ms to 2s and more when playing online games (=many small packets being sent).

0 Kudos
MK15
Beginner

[Basic Issue] = Connection stability (frequent dropouts), Signal Strength and Connection Speed

[PC/Laptop Vendor] = Asus (UX32VD-DH71-CB)

[Drivers] = All drivers (including 15.8.0), but currently on 15.5.6.48 with latest PROSet software

[Router Vendor/Model] = Asus RT-N53

[ISP] = Videotron (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)

No problems when 802.11g is used, but I'm not satisfied with this workaround.

Thanks for taking the time to fix this. Hopefully we'll find a fix soon.

0 Kudos
cmacd1
Novice

[Basic Issue] = Connection stability (frequent dropouts), Signal Strength and Connection Speed

[Standard Used] = 802.11n/b/g

[PC/Laptop Vendor] = Samsung Tablet model - XE700T1C-A02AU running Windows 8 64bit

[Drivers] = All drivers released so far from Intel and Samsung. Only driver I see stability for most of routers used is the original windows drive that I rolled back to by deleting all other drivers. Even here I see stability issues when running N against a work TP-Link AP (nobody on the network has issues). At home the windows driver is mostly fine on Cisco Access Point (AP only) and 3COM Access Point/ADSL router although on streaming media over N it's a bit choppy.

[Router Vendor/Model] = Using windows drivers - TP-Link - problems. Cisco - mostly okay. 3COM - mostly okay.

[ISP] = Not relevant but World Exchange New Zealand.

When I hit the problem the following error is seen in the computer event log:

>>>

The description for Event ID 5060 from source NETwNe64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

>>>

The following information was included with the event:

>>>

\Device\NDMP6

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

>>>>>>

This cycles every 30 seconds or so. Generally it seems the card cannot bind N on my installation of the drivers.

I have replaced the card with a Broadcom and the laptop/WiFi works a treat.

C-

0 Kudos
TGome2
Beginner

[Basic Issue] = Connection loss, also Signal strenght always varying from strong to low. Must restart adapter every 5 minutes or so, when the connection is lost...

[Driver] = 15.8.0.5

[PC/Laptop Vender] = Samsung NP770Z7E-S01PT

[Router Vender/Model] = ZyXEL P-660W

[ISP Provider] = Giga Internet (altough it doesnt matter as LAN connection is dropping as well)

0 Kudos
JFlor10
Beginner

[Basic Issue] = Connection stability (frequent dropouts) ans signal strength

[Standard Used] = 802.11 b/g

[PC/Laptop Vendor] = Samsung Ativ Book 6

[Drivers] = All drivers included the last one

[Router Vendor/Model] = Nucom 5000R (delivered by Movistar)

[ISP] = Movistar Chile

I had to uninstall the Intel driver, now working with Microsoft driver (The Windos 8 driver), no problems in two days

0 Kudos
JGosc
Beginner

[Basic Issue] = Connection stability (frequent dropouts) ans signal strength

[Standard Used] = 802.11 b/g

[PC/Laptop Vendor] = Acer Travelmate Laptop P453 BA50

[Drivers] = 15.7.0.3

[Router Vendor/Model] = Dlink DIR-655

[ISP] = Earthlink

Brand New laptop. Will only connect with router within 20 feet. Once connected can move up to one room away, but spurious disconnects increase. Will disconnnect when sleeping, and will not reconnect until returned to the area within 20 ft of the router. Reports anywhere between 1 and 150 Mbps - while sitting in the same spot next to the router. Also shows corresponding signal strength variations between 3-5 bars, while sitting next to the router.

My old laptop is still on, sitting acroos the house, reporting full signal strength and 300 Mbps. Atheros network card on that one.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

[Basic issue] Drops connection, Never auto reconnects when this is enabled, low signal strength, slow speeds

[Standard Used] 802.11g

[PC/Laptop Vendor] Samsung NP700z5c-S03UK bought Feb 2013. Windows 8 64bit. Windows 8 is so awful that I installed Classic Shell. Microsoft deserve to be severely burnt for producing such cr*p.

[Drivers] Have used Samsung SW update to update when prompted. Update today Failed. Device Manager then showed as 15.8.0.5. Unistalled driver and rebooted following comments on web. It then rolled back driver to 15.6.1.20.

[Router Vendor/Model] Buffalo WHR54G running ddwrt

[ISP] Virgin UK

Drops connection when all other computers in house have no problems. Always seems to drop if downloading large file, usually near the end. Shows "Limited" connectivity but it is actually non-existent. Have to disconnect and reconnect. Automatically reconnect is often not shown ticked even if it set in Properties or has been ticked previously. It always reconnects. Icon does not show connection speed like my other laptops which seems a retrograde step. Are Intel trying to hide something.

Cannot run BBC iPlayer without breaking up even when in same room as router.

Contacted John Lewis Support who seemed to be unaware of this problem.

0 Kudos
TAnde11
Beginner

[Basic Issue] = Connection Dropouts (need to troubleshoot or restart adapter), Random signal strength

[PC/Laptop Vender] = HP Spectre 14 3100eo

[Router Vender/Model] = Linksys WRT160N v1 (with Tomato firmware. Also tried DD-WRT, but same problem)

[ISP Provider] = Broadnet (Norway)

No drivers fix the issue, but changing some router settings made me get a much more stable connection with less dropouts.

< MTU > from 1500 to 1492

< Beacon Interval > from 100 to 50

< Fragmentation Threshold > from 2347 to 2306

< RTS Threshold > from 2347 to 2304

0 Kudos
MMart49
Beginner

[Basic Issue] = Connection Dropouts/Connection stability and connection speed/strength

[PC/Laptop Vender] = Samsung (NP550P5C-A01UB)

[Router Vender/Model] = NETGEAR Wireless-N 150 Router WNR1000v2

[ISP Provider] = Comcast (Miami, FL)

0 Kudos
eruss1
Beginner

Intel N 6235 H/W Issue: dropouts (twice p/hour, frequent slow speed, from 130 or 78mpbs to 5.5 or 1.1 mbps, random signal strenght, from excellent to regular in same position.

standard 802.11n

Intel Software (driver/firmware) Intel Proset wireless driver 15.7.0.3

(all Intel recommendations for the device applied)

Laptop/PC Manufacturer Samsung Series 5 NP530U3C windows 7

Router (Chipset/Firmware) TP Link 8960N firmware 1.4.0 Build 111108 Rel.40398n (channel set at 1-5 from inSSider suggestion)

ISP provider Telecom (Argentina)

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

Please note that we are gathering information about this issue via e-mail. The official statement was posted /message/192239# 192239 here.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
[Basic Issue]= High ping/latency after some random time, dropouts until total connection loss[Standard Used]= 802.11n, 5GHz, HT40 mode[PC/Laptop Vender]= Asus UX31A-R4005H[Router Vender/Model]= Netgear WNDR3800[ISP Provider]= Europe, O2/Telefonica[OS]= Windows 8 64bit[Driver]= Problems occur JUST with original Intel drivers/PROSet, Microsoft Windows default driver 14.8.8.75 works flawless
0 Kudos
JB26
New Contributor I

Yet again giving Intel information but with no resolution... Watch out warranties for PC's are going to expire giving you no options to make Intel fix this issue!

[Basic Issue] = Connection Dropouts/Connection stability and connection speed/strength

[PC/Laptop Vender] = Samsung (NP700P5C-S02UB)

[Router Vender/Model] = Linksys 120n

[ISP Provider] = Too many

Please fix the issue Failtel!

0 Kudos
DMarr1
Beginner

[Basic Issue] = Connection stability frequent dropouts and signal strength

[Standard Used] = 802.11g

[PC/Laptop Vendor] = Samsung S9 laptop

[Drivers] = 15.7.0.3

[Router Vendor/Model] = Billion 7800nl

[ISP] = Many

Have returned laptop to Samsung and replaced wireless card under warranty, no improvement

0 Kudos
SLea
Beginner

OK, here's another one

[Basic Issue] = Connection Speed

[PC/Laptop Vender] =Asus Zenbook UX31A

[Router Vender/Model] = Linksys E3200

[ISP Provider] =Eclipse

The basic problem is that read speeds on the wifi are very slow. Using the Parkdale tool, I measure around 2 MByte/sec writing to a file on the HD of another machine on the network, which connects by wire to the router; but the read speed is only 150 kByte/sec. I have tried upgrading drivers: the machine came equipped with Microsoft drivers, but I am now on the 3 September set (15.10.2.1 according to Device Manager). I have also tried changing the MDI on the adapter from the default of 1500 to 1492, 1460, 1430 or 1400 - no effect. Needless to say, speeds are fine if I wire the laptop into my network. Unlike others, however, I have never noticed any dropout problems. I haven't re-checked whether this applies on all networks, or whether it goes away if I plug in a usb wifi adapter, but given what I have read here I suspect the answer is going to be yes and yes. Nothing useful on the Asus forums. Oh, I should have added: I'm using Windows 8 Basic.

0 Kudos
AGall8
Beginner

Hi

I have an ASUS UX32VD with Windows 7. Wifi has been working propoerly for the last one year. Suddenly now it does not conenct anymore. Actually it does not detect any wireless network anymore at all, while my phone or tablet do see many and connect properly.

I have tried to switch on/off with FN+F2 and also by clicking on the "wifi tower" icon making it solid blue, enabling the driver, etc.

I have hence installed the new driver from the ASUS web site and what has happened is that in the Device Manager I now see the "Centrino Advanced/N 6235" device and the two Bluetooth devices but I cannot see any WLAN miniport, neither the Centrino one nor the MS one anymore. So it seems as if the driver has installed the BT part of the card only, not the wifi one.

I have downloaded and installed then Wireless_16.1.5_Ds64.exe but no change. I have tried also with Wireless_16.1.5_s64.exe. Same thing, the BT miniport is visible but not the wireless LAN one.

I have tried cycling through FN+F2 many times and I see the BT getting up and down while the wifi one never gets on.

I have tried with a live Ubuntu 12.10 Linux distro on a USB pen drive and it shows the wireless as disabled. If I enable it, it then finds all wireless networks in the area and can successfully connect to mine with no problem.

So it is not a hw driver but a software driver on the wireless lan side under Windows 7.

Any suggestion? Please do not tell me to restore the OS image from the MS utility and hdd partition...!!!!

Many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
AGall8
Beginner

Solved the problem thanks to this link from the DELL support team:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/t/19495163.aspx http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/t/19495163.aspx

The problem was the ZoneAlarm free firewall + antivirus which was blocking all wireless lan adapter operation.

Uninstalled it and now it works back again.

Many thanks to the DELL support team!

I am sharing this here in case it can help other people as well.

Thanks

0 Kudos
KChri3
Beginner

[Basic Issue] = Connection Speed

[PC/Laptop Vender] = brand new Samsung laptop

[Router Vender/Model] = linksys

[ISP Provider] = xfinity

When I connect to my wifi my download speeds are only 10-15 Mbps. All other computers on my wireless network are getting dl speeds of 50mbps. When I am on the road in a hotel my computer gets .5 Mbps and my phone is pulling about 3 Mbps. I have a linksys router from a few years ago that can broadcast in 2.4ghz and 5ghz but not both at the same time. When I set my router to 5ghz I get dl speeds of 50Mbps, but not all my devices can connect at this setting. Looking for a solution or I will have to return my computer and get one that works.

Thanks,

Christenskg

0 Kudos