Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Intel Ethernet Connection i219v error code 10

karpiz
Beginner

Out of the blue my Ethernet conection started giving error code 10. I've tried absolutely everything reinstalling drivers, clearing Cmos, windows clean reinstall, updated Bios, went back on them too, rolled drivers back. I've done all I can think off with no success. As soon as I plug in the cable the port lights up so it is working but not transmiting data. Can Anyone please help? laptop lenovo thinkpad L560

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello ,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using onboard I219V or a PCIe card?
  2. What is your OS?
  3. Can you share the link of your latest network driver?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Please do yourself a favor and NOT use 3rd party driver sites.  You never know what information from your machine they are uploading (and to what country it is going), and you never know what payload is in the packages they are downloading.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
karpiz
Beginner

i tried drivers from intel ant they also don't working then i shearch drivers on other sites

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

3rd party driver sites rely upon desperation to push their wares.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello karpiz,

Thank you for the quick reply and yes, we don't recommend using 3rd party drivers from unreliable source to avoid issues.

Regarding the issue, kindly check the link below and follow the steps:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087288/ethernet-products.html

And

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000060145/ethernet-products.html

And also, since you are using an onboard network card is which an OEM unit. It is also recommended to contact Lenovo because they may have altered the card. They should have custom driver, software and firmware for your network card.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello karpiz,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a soft follow up hoping that you are now trying to contact OEM - Lenovo for further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello karpiz,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up hoping that you are now talking with Lenovo for further assistance. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos