Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4875 Discussions

Intel Ethernet E810 system compatibility?

Likewise
Novice

I was under the impression that the E810 is an Ethernet adapter that is PCIe compliant and thus it should be usuable under any compliant PCIe Root Complex.

I have it connected to the Gen4 x16 port of an Intel i7-11700K CPU on a Z590 motherboard (but the Z590 chipset is NOT inbetween).

However, this system does not boot, stuck in logo boot screen and does not allow me to enter the BIOS. 

What could be the compatibility issue? Why would the E810 not work on certain CPUs and/or BIOSes?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Likewise,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issue with your motherboard using E810 adapter.

For us to check your query, kindly provide the following information. 

1. Have you confirmed with Asus that the E810 adapter is fully compatible on their motherboard as the validation would be based on the motherboard?

2. Can you share the exact model of your E810 Ethernet Adapter?

3. E810 adapters are intended for server use. You may want to check this by visiting the specifications of the adapter via link below and check Vertical Segment. 

100GbE Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter E810

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/series/184846/100gbe-intel-ethernet-network-adapter-e810.html

Awaiting to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Likewise,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you read our previous reply. If yes, kindly confirm and provide the information requested for us to proceed checking your query.

Looking forward to hear from you. 

Should there be no response, we will reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Likewise,

How are you doing?

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Likewise
Novice

Hello,

one supplier mentions the board should work in all systems (they tried in three consumer and server systems).

Yes, I understand the performance might not be reached, but the system boots and the card is recognized.

Gigabyte is investigating the issue why their system does not proceed beyond the BIOS with the E810 installed.

Also, I will be contacting Gigabyte B2B about this, as we want to deploy E810 in datacentres.

I still find it strange that Intel says it only works with two of their Q2 2021 systems. Is this really the limited case?

0 Kudos