Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Intel I219-LM Random Disconnects

KremitFrog
Beginner

We are a MSP and have seen 5-6 Dell machines out of hundreds in our deployment recently start randomly disconnecting the ethernet adapter for a few seconds to about a minute, then the adapter restarts and works again. This can happen a few times a day, or dozens.

When this happens, we see Event ID 27 e1dexpress

and Event ID 10400 NDIS:

The network interface "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-LM" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver detected that its hardware has stopped responding to commands. This network interface has reset 1 time(s) since it was last initialized.

We have tried several different ethernet drivers, including Intel's latest, as well as older drivers from 2019, we have disabled power saving features and advanced power saving stuff in the advanced tab from device manager. We had a Dell technician come out and replace the entire motherboard on one machine, and the issue persisted immediately after booting it back up.

Any idea what is going on or how to fix? Every one of the machines with this issue is running Windows 10 x64 (21H1 / 21H2 Preview) with the latest updates installed.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mperrotta
Beginner

We have the same issue occurring. Not sure what AV you are using, but what we are finding it is the new version of Webroot 9.0.31.84 that is causing the issues. Systems on 9.0.30.75 don't seem to have the issue or systems that we removed Webroot from.

No driver version or power settings seemed to work as a workaround for this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello RLHord,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please create a separate thread so we can further assist you as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello RLHord,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please create a separate thread so we can further assist you as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos