Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4972 Discussions

Intel I225-V Ethernet controller unstable, drops down connection from 1Gbps to 100Mbps

misspxl
Beginner

Title.

My desktop PC uses an MSI Z790-P WiFi motherboard, on Windows 11. Everything is up to date, same with drivers.

When I boot the PC, it all seems fine and the ethernet link shows at 1Gbps, as it should (All CAT 6 cable, from my desktop -> To my gigabit switch, a TrendNET TEG-58G -> to my gigabit router (TP-Link AX6600 -> to my ISP).

After a little while, however, this happens. 

misspxl_0-1717792409409.png

As per the screenshot, the ethernet controller stops working and re-connects, but at 100Mbps, which is unacceptable.

Here's the Intel scan thingy attached for further diagnostics.

PLEASE HELP!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Poojitha
Employee

Hi misspxl,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for sharing the details. According to the information provided, there is an issue with the configuration in the BIOS where IPv4 is working fine, but IPv6 is showing an issue.

We kindly request that you reach out to the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) MSI Z790-P WiFi motherboard for further assistance.

Please feel free to reach out if you require any additional information or assistance.

Regards,

Poojitha

0 Kudos
Victor_B
Beginner

Yet again Intel shifting blame to the motherboard manufacturer when they have nothing to do with the I225/226-v controllers and you are WELL AWARE that this is a controller issue that is plaguing a lot of people. 

My connection also constantly keeps dropping, I have a 2.5GB fiber and now I'm using only 100MB because of this I226-v controller CONSTANTLZ dropping my connection until it tunes down to 100MB which is unacceptable, despite trying a lot of different drivers, including the ones supported on the official motherboard's page. 

0 Kudos
Sachinks
Employee

Hello misspxl,

We are sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

We see that you are using MSI Z790-P WiFi motherboard on your PC. Can you confirm if the network adapter you are using is a built- in adapter or was it manually added later?

We are asking this since if it is a built-in adapter, then our drivers are firmware's might not work for it as the OEM ( original equipment manufacturer) may have customized the card according to their needs.

If it was separately added to the motherboard, you can try the suggestions given in this article and see if that resolves the issue : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

However, it it was built-in, we request you to check this with OEM once to see if they have a resolution for this from their end.

Regards,

Sachin KS

0 Kudos