Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel NET 1.0.2.6 - Z490 disconnects

aceridgey
Novice

Hi there,

I use an ASUS Z490-E gaming board and like many, have been plauged with the random ethernet disconnects.

I have actually found that driver 1.0.1.3 is by FAR the most stable driver, paired with the latest firmware, however, windows update frequently installs 1.0.2.6 which is a nightmare for me, and there is no way to stop this.

Please could this be looked into?

24 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Just a thought - do you have ASUS Turbo Lan Utility installed?  If so, dump it.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
aceridgey
Novice

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

No I don't have that installed, I only have armoury crate for the mouse.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello aceridgey,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Can you share if you already follow the steps from link below?

Network Issues with Intel® Ethernet Controller I225-V

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
aceridgey
Novice

Hello, i have frequently followed those steps correctly.

1.0.1.3 works for me, the latest drivers cause random, frequent disconnects lasting 10-20seconds. 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello aceridgey,

Appreciate your swift response.

Please allow us to check on this. We will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello aceridgey,

Good day!

Please be informed that we already escalated this request to our engineers. Rest assured that we will get back to you as soon as we heard from them.

May you have an amazing weekend ahead!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
aceridgey
Novice

Thank you,

Would you be so kind as to update their findings and fixes in this thread?

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello aceridgey,

I hope you are doing great.

Please be informed that this request is still escalated to our engineers. We are currently waiting for an update from them and we will get back to you as soon as there is any. We hope you don't mind giving us more time with the investigation.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
aceridgey
Novice

Thank you for the update.

I am still finding 1.0.1.3 working satisfactory. The current 1.0.2.6 is an issue for me. 

Windows updates continues to successfully install 1.0.2.6, so when this happens I reinstall 1.0.1.3

0 Kudos
NotImpressed
New Contributor I

@Caguicla_Intel Please reply on the original thread of this issue, you know, the one with thousands of views?

Also, make an official announcement so people stop making posts wondering why they are having issues with their I225-V Ethernet Controller.

Most of us are still stuck with the faulty B1 B2 Stepping boards.

leylimley
Novice

I'm getting crazy! I build recently with ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING. My network drops constantly at the meetings Microsoft team and slack... I tried every suggestion that was found on the internet but nothing changed. Intel says you should update to 1.0.1.4 but that does not fix the problem. Also, windows automatically updates the driver to v1.0.2.6 and but that increases that drop rate.

0 Kudos
Jamie
Beginner

I have the same Asus Z490 E Gaming board and I am having the exact same problem as everyone else here. Kinda crazy how all the forums I've been following for a hopeful fix have been removed?!?!

0 Kudos
6kbyte
Novice

i have never experienced such an incompetent company and employees. why are you so silent, why you dont answer your customers, why we dont get an update of the "high priority case" @Caguicla_Intel was talking from in another thread? what should v1-v2 nic users have to do now? this is so sad what is happening here!!!

0 Kudos
6kbyte
Novice

daily push for visibility

0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
6kbyte
Novice
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello All,

We sincerely apologize for the delay on our update. Kindly see below details for the feedback from our engineering team. 

Our testing shows that users will receive Windows Update (LAN driver) notice if we use 2-part ID in Windows Update driver resell option.

This is not the expected result and we are planning to revoke this option in Windows Update.

Once it is done, users will not receive the current LAN driver update(V1.0.2.6) request from Windows Update.

In parallel, we are also working on this topic with Asus.

Rest assured that this request is still under investigation and we will get back to you as soon as we heard additional update from our engineers.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
6kbyte
Novice

@Caguicla_Intel : thank you!  Your answer is giving me further questions:

1) why is intel looking for a solution that windows is not pushing driver 1.0.2.6 instead of releasing a newer/optimized and bug free driver? I mean... people also reporting issues with 1.0.1.4 till 1.0.2.8 ...

2) apologies coming over 3 months now and you already said that intel is searching for a solution. why is the solution so hard to find, why does it take so long, when can we expect a solution? do we have to wait another 3 months upwards or for the product to be end of life?

Your customers going to believe their I225-V NICs are defective, there will be no solution ever and intel is just waiting that this topic runs off to save money and not giving compensations!

0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I

i returned my board after talking to the vendor, who couldn't verify that i'll get a new one with b3 stepping, since they didn't get any information by asus or intel themselfes and are pissed af (big german pc part trader).
intel is dead to me as of now. cpu is amd, new nic is from realtek. i can't listen to this inflated pseudo native speaking mods anymore. this whole situation is something intel, their support team and their board partners should ne ashamed of.

i just recommend you to do the same, it was quite freeing to ship the old board back to the vendor.
i'm out of here. gl getting any real information until you run out of warranty or the lifecycle of the motherboard.....

gl all!

cheers Peter

p.s.: just keep deleting my posts intel. the people here know what you're up too. this isnt flooding btw. you copy pasted your answer to every thread as well. mine does at least contain a solution -> return your intel products

0 Kudos