Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

Intel NET 1.0.2.6 - Z490 disconnects

aceridgey
Novice

Hi there,

I use an ASUS Z490-E gaming board and like many, have been plauged with the random ethernet disconnects.

I have actually found that driver 1.0.1.3 is by FAR the most stable driver, paired with the latest firmware, however, windows update frequently installs 1.0.2.6 which is a nightmare for me, and there is no way to stop this.

Please could this be looked into?

24 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello All,

We understand the frustration and we would like to apologize again for all the inconvenience this may have caused. Please be informed that LAN driver 1.0.2.6 in Windows Update has already been revoked. You will not receive Windows Update (LAN driver 1.0.2.6) notification moving forward. After further verification, it was found out that when 2 part ID is used, it can still deploy the driver on Windows Update and it will override any systems. For any future LAN driver release in Windows Update, we will only deploy with 4 part ID.

As a best course of action, we still highly recommend using the Asus/Gigabyte provided OEM drivers as the final solution. We recommend contacting Asus for the drivers because they are still the best source of support for these OEM motherboards.  

We appreciate your patience and utmost cooperation while we were checking out the issue.  

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
aceridgey
Novice

Hi Crisselle,

Thank you very much for the update. The removal of 1.0.2.6 in windows updates (although has taken too long) is a great relief.

For my needs, 1.0.1.3 is still the most stable connection source and quite frankly, I do not see regular disconnects. 

I am still hoping the goal is to fix this issue through drivers and not hardware replacements, plaguing many users.

0 Kudos
J-R
Beginner

So what you were saying a year ago is that this 

JR_0-1647355255324.png

should've stopped happening, right?

So, why is it that this update is still being forced on my pc?

Thanks,

J

0 Kudos
aceridgey
Novice

I am now getting frequency disconnects on 1.0.2.8 on windows 11.

0 Kudos