Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Intel - Net - 1.0.2.6 issue

Edrmzc
Beginner

Hi, I am using a Asus ROG Strix Z490-A mobo with a i5 10600k. Well a few days ago I started to get random internet disconnects, checked my router, cable ethernet and everything was fine. 
I decided to roll back Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I225-V to the 1.0.0.9 version, on that version I have 0 issues. But Windows keeping my drivers up-to-date keeps updating me to the 1.0.2.6 version and when I turn on my pc the next day I don't  have a internet connection, so I need to roll back the drivers. 
There's a fix for that issue? Is very tedious to roll back the driver every 2-3 days. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Edrmzc,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

I am really sorry to hear that and for us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. What is your OS?
  2. Where did you download your working driver? please the link.
  3. Have you tried checking this issue with your OS support if there is a way to stop the driver update?
  4. Have you also tried checking this issue with your motherboard manufacturer if they have their version of the latest driver that may work with your system?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Edrmzc
Beginner

Hello Michael, 

Thank you for responding,

1. Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2

2. I did not download the driver, motherboard came with the 1.0.0.9 and Windows update it to 1.0.2.6 it self.  
3. I have not checked this with Microsoft.

4. I have not contacted Asus for this. 

Thank you! 

Eduardo R. 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Edrmzc,

As much as we would like to further assist you on this, the issue is happening on a 3rd party board environment and OS.

At the moment, it is best to contact the board manufacturer on how stop the automatic update or if they have an updated driver that you can use with no errors. Because 3rd party board manufacturer can alter some features of the card.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Edrmzc
Beginner

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your help. I'll contact Asus and Microsoft. 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Edrmzc,

Thank you for the confirmation. Yes, it is best to coordinate with them for further assistance.

Since you are now going to contact with them, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos