Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4791 Discussions

Intel Pro/1000 pt dual port server adapter - Windows 10 Driver VLAN missing

philbio
Beginner

Hello,

I have a Windows 10 Workstation Pro 21H2 installation with an Intel Pro/1000 PT dual port server adapter, I have installed the latest driver pack 27.3, Advanced Network Services is also automatically installed. Unfortunately the drivers are not updated form the original Microsoft ones and the VLAN options as well as other Advance features are unavailable.

I have also attempted to install the Intel® Network Adapter drivers release 27.2 for Windows® 10 with the wired driver and  Intel® PROSet Adapter Configuration Utility with no luck, I have searched the forums with no success, can someone assist please?

Philbio

philbio_0-1654064286768.jpeg

Intel_1.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Philbio,

You're most welcome. 

Please see below link to check adapters that has full support under Windows 10 OS. You may scroll to Windows* support for 1 GbE Intel® Ethernet Network Adapters or Intel® Ethernet 500 Series Network Adapters and check the adapter that has a Yes under Windows 10. 

Supported Operating Systems for Retail Intel® Ethernet Adapters

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025890/ethernet-products.html

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello philbio,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

Please be informed that Intel® PRO/1000 PT Desktop Adapter has inbox driver only for Windows 10. In-box means the drivers are supplied with Windows*. Driver and software updates aren't planned for adapters with only in-box support. These adapters can't be updated using automated or manual methods. Intel® PROSet for Windows* Device Manager and Intel® Advanced Network Services (Intel® ANS) driver for teaming and VLANS aren't included with in-box support.

Feel free to let us know if you have questions or clarifications. 

Awaiting to hear from you. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
philbio
Beginner

Hello Crisselle,

Thankyou for your prompt reply, in that case can you recommend an equivalent product that has full support (including VLAN)?

Regards Philbio

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Philbio,

You're most welcome. 

Please see below link to check adapters that has full support under Windows 10 OS. You may scroll to Windows* support for 1 GbE Intel® Ethernet Network Adapters or Intel® Ethernet 500 Series Network Adapters and check the adapter that has a Yes under Windows 10. 

Supported Operating Systems for Retail Intel® Ethernet Adapters

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025890/ethernet-products.html

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

Caguicla_Intel

Hello Philbio,

Good day!

Since you have accepted our previous reply as solution, please be informed that we will now close the case. Thank you for your time and cooperation throughout the process. If you need any additional assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

May you have an amazing day ahead!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos