Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel (R) 92579V Gigabit Network Connection (Error 10)

RButt3
Beginner

Hello,

I've been attempting to sort this issue for some time now, following the numerous bits of advice I could find.

Having no luck, it states 'No intel adapters are present in this computer' when attempting to manually install drivers.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Please give some information: O.S., version, Network Adapter Model (92579V is wrong number?).

Leon

0 Kudos
RButt3
Beginner

Hey, sorry.

Running on Windows 10 Pro 10.0.18363

Intel (R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

I've attempted downloading updates, uninstalling and scanning hardware, forcing update manually. To no avail.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Download the latest Driver for your adapter: Version: 25.0 . (Jumbo Frames are not compatible on your adapter with this driver - please read the Release Notes)
  2. Disconnect the internet and uninstall the currently installed driver.
  3. Reboot your computer.
  4. Install the previously downloaded driver.
  5. Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.

Leon

0 Kudos
RButt3
Beginner

Hi Lwaksman,

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately no success. I have tried this already, unfortunately I am met with the error 'There is no Intel (R) Adapters present in this computer'.

Would it be easier to replace the one I have? I have to use a TP usb-link for wireless anyway... If so, please point me in the right direction of what to purchase, that would be great.

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Greetings RButt3,

Thank you for posting on our Intel Ethernet Community.

For us to further assist you please provide the make and the model of the board. Have you tried using the driver from the board manufacturer?

Also have you tried contacting the board manufacturer? They may provide driver that are customized for your onboard hardware.

If you are purchasing a hardware, it is best to contact the board manufacturer since they have the list of hardware compatible for their product.

Best Regards,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Hello RButt3,

This is just a follow up on the case we are currently working. May I know if you can provide the information we are requesting from my previous email? Please let me know if you have other questions. In case we don't receive a reply, we'll follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Hi RButt3,

Please be informed that we will now proceed in closing this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. If you have any other concerns or assistance needed in the future, feel free to post a new question.

Sincerely,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos