Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Intel(R) Ethernet Contoller I226-V connection drop

Nimon
Beginner

I just got an Asus ROG Strix Z790-F with onboard Intel(R) Ethernet Contoller I226-V but my card loose connection very often and I got an error 27 in the event manager, the error is very similar to what's appen with the Intel(R) Ethernet Contoller I225-V

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

But there is not NVM firmware currently available for this card I don't know what to do, I already follow this tutorial :

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087266/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-adapters-up-to-2-5gbe.html

With manual install and auto-install from Asus Armory Create

La description de l’ID d’événement 27 dans la source e2fexpress est introuvable. Le composant qui a déclenché cet événement n’est pas installé sur l’ordinateur local ou l’installation est endommagée. Vous pouvez installer ou réparer le composant sur l’ordinateur local.

Si l’événement provient d’un autre ordinateur, les informations d’affichage doivent être enregistrées avec l’événement.

Les informations suivantes étaient incluses avec l’événement : 

Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I226-V

Le fichier spécifié est introuvable

Thanks !

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Nimon
Beginner

I have manually added e2fmsg.dll to the path found in :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\System\e2fexpress

Key : EventMessageFile

and now I got this message but my cable is never disconnected :

Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I226-V
 La liaison réseau a été déconnectée.

Nimon_0-1671387353685.png

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Nimon,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Is it working fine before?
  2. How often do you encounter the issue?
  3. Can you share the link of your network driver?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
kook6
Beginner

Hello,

I have same probleme with my asus z790 hero, just saw an updated driver on ASUS ROG website but they upload the W10 as in fact a W11 so i cant update.

I installed a 15$ 1G lan controller and it works.  it's a pitty we can't find the drivers on your website for l226 lan controller ! 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Nimon,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a soft follow up on the information that we requested for us to further assist you. We will wait for your reply. 

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Hello kook6,

Please post a new question for us to further check your issue in your own thread.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Nimon,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos