Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5026 Discussions

Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I225-V Driver Software - disconnection

Y_P
Novice

Hello,

I have problems with my Ethernet controller I225-V, which is installed on my Asus ROG Strix X670E-E. My Windows 11 pro is up to date and the driver from Intel is 2.1.4.2. I have adopted Pat_T's recommended settings and am testing them out.

Speed & duplex: Auto negotiation > Auto negotiation
Large Send Offload V2 (IPv4): Enabled > Disabled
Large Send Offload V2 (IPv6): Enabled > Disabled
TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4): Rx & Tx Enabled > Disabled
TCP Checksum Offload (IPv6): Rx & Tx Enabled > Disabled
UDP Checksum Offload (IPv4): Rx & Tx Enabled > Disabled
UDP Checksum Offload (IPv6): Rx & Tx Enabled > Disabled

The failures with the network are not good and I lack any creativity to improve anything here. Please give me an assessment of the SSU report.

I have also created a file with SSU - but do you recognize anything else that could help?

Side notes:
I have tried the same with the recommended (downloadable) Intel-driver from Asus-Website with number 2.1.3.3 - with same problems - disconnected lan.

replaced the mainboard three times (1x ROG Strix X670E-F and 2x ROG Strix X670E-E) with the same incidents = disconnections LAN after some time.

My distributor notebookbilliger.de as contracting partner told me to send the board to Asus (after 2 months warranty period) for checking. Intel told me today to speak with OEM partner (=Asus).

A really "perfect" situation for me....both - intel & distributor - refer and delegate the responsibility to Asus, although the component and the driver are from Intel.....but Asus is the manufacturer of the motherboard.

Maybe someone can help me...pls

kind regards

Yello

0 Kudos
18 Replies
RyanFeeko
New Contributor II

Hey @Y_P , i have found some article and maybe related to your issue. Lets have a look the link below.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Hope this helps....

Fikri_Intel
Employee

Hi Y_P,

Thank you for reaching Intel Community.

Based on your query, may we confirm the I225-V is built-in with an ASUS motherboard or PCIE network card?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Fikri O.

Y_P
Novice

Good Morning Ryan & Fikri,

thanks...i will check the information / link....

My i225-V is built in with an Asus-Mainboard Rog Strix X670E-E.

Kind regards

Yello

0 Kudos
Sachinks
Employee

Hello Y_P,

Greetings!

Thank you for the confirmation. Kindly follow the steps given in the link shared for the NVM update ( https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html) and let us know if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Sachin KS

Y_P
Novice

ok...i will try it Sachin....

could be this the latest driver....it seems to be very old

2024_06_12_09_35_51_ROG_STRIX_X670E_E_GAMING_WIFI_Mainboards_ROG_Germany_Mozilla_Firefox.jpg

after all steps i will inform about the results...

"Update the NVM to the latest version."  ==> what is this?

kind regards

Yello

0 Kudos
Poojitha
Employee

Hi Y_P,

Thank you for your response. We will wait for your further update to proceed further.

Regards,

Poojitha

Y_P
Novice

sorry for asking...what is the “Non-Volatile Memory (NVM)” ? where can I find it?

0 Kudos
Simon-Intel
Employee

Hi Y_P,

Good day!

An NVM (Non-Volatile Memory) firmware update refers to the process of updating the firmware stored in a device's non-volatile memory.

Firmware is a specialized type of software that provides low-level control for a device's specific hardware. Since your adapter is embedded in the system, we recommend contacting your OEM/Manufacturer for the firmware driver version that is compatible with your exact system.

Using software and firmware versions that have not been validated to work together may affect performance, feature availability, and system stability.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Simon

Y_P
Novice

Hello SImon,

thanks for the feedback. I've read everything, but I still don't understand exactly what I'm supposed to do and how. Maybe you can explain the NVM or send me a link where I can update this firmware. I assume that you don't mean the bios firmware. Sorry....but this is important to understand.

I followed the link and did everything so far - except NVM.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Y_P_0-1718265956515.png

Update NVM -> open point for me

Install latest LAN Driver -> ok

But "Install LAN driver 1.0.1.4" confuses me a little bit because this guide is from 2022 .... is this still the version for today's use?

At the moment my network adapter looks like this (under Device Manager):

Y_P_1-1718266174096.png

Y_P_2-1718266188683.png

0 Kudos
Sachinks
Employee

Hello Y_P,

Greetings!

Thank you for the update and thank you for providing the details.

NVM update is the firmware update for the I225-V Ethernet controller. In the previous link shared ( https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html) Once you follow the steps 2 and go to the download center of the motherboard vendor and download the driver package, Inside the package, you will find the firmware update tool and instructions on how to use it.

You can use this firmware update tool the update the firmware of the controller ( NVM firmware). The full details are given as a note after the step3.

If you are not able to find this firmware update tool, I request you to contact the motherboard vendor once and check if they can provide the firmware update file from their end.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Sachin KS

Y_P
Novice

The file from Asus is named "DRV_LAN_Intel_I225_I226_TSD_W11_64_V11438_20230321R.zip"

Mainboard: Rog Strix X670E-E

https://rog.asus.com/de/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x670e-e-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_download/

Inside the ZIP file i can find these files:

Y_P_0-1718281112212.png

I dont find the NVM firmware update tool.....sorry for this circumstance!

0 Kudos
Sachinks
Employee

Hello Y_P,

Thank you for the update.

Since there is no firmware update tool in the zip file, I would request you to contact asus directly once and check with them for the firmware file.

As this is a built-in controller, they would have the details about the firmware for this particular controller from their end.

Regards,

Sachin KS

Y_P
Novice

Could there please be a way that you can use your experience and knowledge with Asus to try and get the right tool? I wouldn't know how to describe it specifically and where to turn. It's not a classic customer care issue.

Unfortunately, I am not so experienced in expressing myself so well on the subject. Could be? Intel has contacts to Asus, i think.

Kind regards

Yello

0 Kudos
Poojitha
Employee

Hi Y_P,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Unfortunately, we do not have direct access to ASUS support channels.

To ensure you receive the assistance you need, we kindly request you to contact ASUS directly using the following link:

https://www.asus.com/support/

If you encounter any challenges or have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us. We are happy to help you!

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Poojitha N

RyanFeeko
New Contributor II

Hey @Y_P i have found ASUS forum where its like related to your issue:

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/amd-500-400-series/intel-i225-v-driver-update-not-working-on-rog-strix-b550-f/td-p/960918

Seems the issue like from ASUS firmware/driver/Bios but not sure how it goes.

Hope this may helps you a bit ....

Y_P
Novice

Thanks for the tip. I just couldn't find anything that would work for me.

I wrote to Asus support yesterday....hope to get a response. With all my details....and Infos.

For the NVM tool I downloaded the release "Release_29.1.1.1.zip" from Intel and there is also an "NVM Update Package".

Can't you also use that or does it have to be exactly what Asus has adapted? If there is one.

Y_P_0-1718350995964.png

0 Kudos
Sachinks
Employee

Hello Y_P,

Greetings!

Thank you for your reply!

Since you have confirmed that you have written to Asus, we would request you to wait for their reply in regards to this issue. Since this is a built-in controller, our NVM update files might not work for it as this controller would be customized according to ASUS configurations.

Regards,

Sachin KS

0 Kudos
Fikri_Intel
Employee

Hi Y_P,

Good day!!

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding the reported issue. As the product was purchased from one of our OEM partners, we kindly advise you to contact the OEM's support team for assistance. They will be best equipped to provide support and address any concerns related.

We will proceed to close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Fikri O.

0 Kudos