Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Intel is trying to cover up users having issues with their I225-V Ethernet Controller.

NotImpressed
New Contributor I

Intel literally just deleted their forum post that had thousands of views and hundreds of users that were affected commenting asking for help.

@Caguicla_Intel even promised in the post that he would get back to us once their technicians finished investigating, but he never got back to us instead Intel just removed the post as you can see here. 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/I225-V-Packet-losses-after-Windows-update/m-p/1257555#M23976

14 Replies
leylimley
Novice

I'm getting crazy! I build recently with ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING. My network drops constantly at the meetings Microsoft team and slack... I tried every suggestion that was found on the internet but nothing changed. Intel says you should update to 1.0.1.4 but that does not fix the problem. Also, windows automatically updates the driver to v1.0.2.6 and but that increases that drop rate.

0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I

push for visibility

0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I
Daily push for visibility!

Same with me, i'm on the latest nvm and did everything your support page provides. Even stepping down to 1gb full duplex doesn't give a reliable connection. Stepping b2 is broken as well. Where is the post gone where you wrote about talking to the engineers? Why's there no statement on problems with the said controller? Even if staying with old drivers and crippled ethernet speeds lightens the problem there is still one, thousand of users suffer from.
Why did you release stepping b3 if above mentioned "fix" would work?
0 Kudos
NotImpressed
New Contributor I

B2 Stepping here, Asus will not replace my board with the newer B2 Stepping, please help Intel.

0 Kudos
MaryT_Intel
Employee

Hi there,

I am so sorry about that! Please accept my apologies. I think there was some spam on that thread and I may have accidentally removed the whole thread instead of just the one post.  I am investigating how to bring it back now.  Or at a minimum we may re-post everything. It definitely was not my intent to cover anything up.

Please accept my apologies. Thanks,

Mary T.

Support Community Manager

0 Kudos
NotImpressed
New Contributor I

@MaryT_IntelCan you please help me?

Asus will not replace my Z490 E Board using B2 Stepping with your newer B3 Stepping, I have had my board replaced 3 times now.

Asus is now telling me they will not replace my board with one using B3 Stepping

I'm locked at 1 G instead of the advertised 2.5 after following the instructions to "fix" my board, and I'm still having occasional packet loss while streaming and gaming, which is unacceptable since I'm a full-time streamer.

Please tell Asus they must replace my board with one using B3 Stepping. This has been a nightmare.

0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I

Well thanks for your sorry, but please restore the thread and furthermore better fix  the problem and communicate besides copy pasting asking for logs. there have been dozen of users explaining their problems, their marathon of testing drivers and posting pingplotter graphs for days.
your reaction so far: deleting the post!

kudos intel, thats a nice move..

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello All,

Please accept our sincerest apologies about the accidental removal of the thread. We were able to bring it back(link below).

We'd also like to inform you that the following threads are still under investigation and we are currently waiting for the feedback from our engineering team. To avoid confusion and duplicates, please be informed that we will proceed closing this thread and we will focus on the threads that are currently escalated. 

I225-V Packet losses after Windows update

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/I225-V-Packet-losses-after-Windows-update/m-p/1230540#M22603

FFS Intel do your job instead of deleting threads

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/FFS-Intel-do-your-job-instead-of-deleting-threads/m-p/1258863#M24044

Are boards using the I225-V (B1/B2) Ethernet Controller faulty or not?

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Are-boards-using-the-I225-V-B1-B2-Ethernet-Controller-faulty-or/m-p/1250266#M23661

Apologies again for the delay and any inconvenience caused on your end. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I

push. there is no focus on the mentioned threads, didn't get an answer from a real person for more than a week

0 Kudos
6kbyte
Novice
0 Kudos
6kbyte
Novice

daily push for visibility

0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
6kbyte
Novice
0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I

i returned my board after talking to the vendor, who couldn't verify that i'll get a new one with b3 stepping, since they didn't get any information by asus or intel themselfes and are pissed af (big german pc part trader).
intel is dead to me as of now. cpu is amd, new nic is realtek. i can't listen to this pseudo native speaking bots anymore. this whole situation is something intel, their support team and their board partners should ne ashamed of. sucks to be bad at your job, doesn't it? 
i just recommend you to do the same, it was quite freeing to ship the old board back to the vendor.
i'm out of here. gl getting any real information until you run out of warranty or the lifecycle of the motherboard...

0 Kudos