Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Killer E2500 Slow Internet Speeds

NFulto
Beginner

I purchased a Dell Alienware Aurora R8 a few years ago. It came preinstalled with the Killer E2500 Gigabit ethernet port. Everything was going great until it wasn't. I was regularly getting speeds of 800-900 download with 800-900 upload speed with fiber internet. As of two months ago my download and upload speed have been hovering between 30-40 download and upload. I've tried multiple fixes including a fresh install of windows and nothing has worked. I've read nothing but horrible things about Killer networking products and this seems to be quite common. I'm at my wits end with this and would appreciate any help. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello NFulto,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please allow us to route this query to the concerned team. They will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications.

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello NFulto,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel product.

Before we continue further, I would like to confirm if you have the Intel® Killer™ Ethernet E2500v2 or the Intel® Killer™ Ethernet E2500.

Can you please take picture of the device manager where we can see your ethernet device?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
TDHC13
Novice

I'm having the same problem. I have the same problem - high download speeds and very low upload speeds. Tried changing the cable, and uninstalling, and installing the ethernet driver and software, which initially provided only a temporary fix.  Now I get the same results even after completing the fresh installation of the new driver.  Please help.

TDHC13_0-1677346732392.png

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello NFulto, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello NFulto,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos