Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

NH82546GB - Baking Requirements?

VelATX
Beginner

NH82546GB is a moisture sensitive ethernet IC controller. (https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/4965/intel-82546gb-gigabit-ethernet-controller.html) The moisture sensitivity level (MSL) is 3. The IC must be baked prior to being placed on a board. How long do I need to bake the part?

The only thing I could find on Intel's website is this document, which says the bake time is 12 hours, but the document was authored by Altera, prior to their acquisition by Intel.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/support/reliability/msl/msl-baking-instruction.pdf 

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello VelATX,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Can you please share why do you require this information and share some details about your environment/project? This will help us in further checking your request and determine which department would be best to assist you.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Should there be no response, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello VelATX,

Good day!

We'd like to follow up the information we requested for us to proceed checking on your request. In case you have additional questions and clarifications, please do not hesitate to let us know. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We'll follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello VelATX,

How are doing? 

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos