Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

NVME over Roce with Intel(R) Ethernet Controller E810-XXV for SFP

SpiderTech
Beginner

Welcome,

I bought Intel(R) Ethernet Controller E810-XXV for SFP to configure NVME over ROCE on vSphere 7.0.3 with Huawei Dorado 3000 v6. ROCE interface are connected directly to the server.

Unfortunately, after configuring this option, vSphere does not connect to the controller. I verified the configuration several times, a Huawei technician has connected to verify the array configuration and vsphere himself and says that everything looks good. The last thing left to check is the network card, I installed the latest update, for Icen version 1.11.3.0 and irdman 1.4.3.0. vSphere shows that the card supports RDMA and ROCE v2, also on the product page it said that all these things are supported

Can anyone tell me why this card won't connect to the controller?

vsphere-RDMA-Adapters.PNG

virtual switches.PNG

add controller.PNG

      

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Faez_Intel

Hi Damian,

Good day and thank you for reaching out to Intel Customer Support.

It is understood that you have installed the latest icen and irdman version that support RDMA and ROCE v2 but the Vsphere is unable to connect to the controller accordingly.

Please kindly help to gather the SSU logs for us to analyze further on the NIC. Refer to the below link on how to gather the SSU logs:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008563/ethernet-products.html

Also, can you confirm if the NIC is visible in the Vsphere client? After you install a network adapter that supports RDMA (RoCE v2) on your ESXi host, use the vSphere Client to review the RDMA adapter and a physical network adapter. Refer to the link below for more info:

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.storage.doc/GUID-293BC371-B260-4CDD-9BB3-94E834851689.html

Kindly let us know if you have any other inquiries.

Thanks,

Faez_Intel

0 Kudos
Faez_Intel

Hello Damian, 

Good day and I hope this message finds you well!

This is just a follow up regarding the information we requested for us to proceed checking on your query. If you have additional questions or clarifications, feel free to let us know.

Thanks,

Faez_Intel

0 Kudos
Faez_Intel

Hello Damian,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a follow up to check if you still have questions or clarifications. We will wait for your reply. As for now, we will be closing your thread.

If you want to continue support, please reply to this community thread and we will reopen your case or create a new one so that we can continue to support you.

Best regards,

Faez.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos