Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Network Cable not detected Intel i225-v-light emmiting from connetor stops once bios loaded

mrbig1479
Beginner

Hi , my mobo is Z690 AERO G (rev. 1.x) 

I don't my ethernet connetor is not detecting any cable -i have noticed that when i boot , i have light in the connected , but once the bios is booting there is no light and there is no detection for network cable

i downloded the latests driver pack for Intel i225-v LAN driver (Wired_driver_27.2_x64) 

driver version is 2.1.1.7

i have windows 11 x64 installed , and this is a new computer 

please help - currently i work with a wireless network.

i belive this is not a problem with drivers as the problem starts during the booting before the drivers are loaded 

when i use the FW NVMupdate it mention the current version is 1.79 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello mrbig1479,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information that would help in checking your query.

1. Cable type used

2. Is the issue present since you purchased your system?

3. We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with Gigabyte system. For Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) on-board Ethernet controller, we'd like to set your expectation that we might have a limited support and it would be best if you can also get in touch with Gigabyte for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.

Here is the list of Computer Manufacturers

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html?tab=system-manufacturers

Gigabyte Official Support site

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Support

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
mrbig1479
Beginner

hi

1. Cable type used - i think i have CAT5 cable ,i don't know how to verify the cable type , although my wall connetor is CAT6

2. Is the issue present since you purchased your system? Yes , this is a new computer 

3. We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with Gigabyte system. For Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) on-board Ethernet controller, we'd like to set your expectation that we might have a limited support and it would be best if you can also get in touch with Gigabyte for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.

well to be honest I contacted Gigabyte and beside reffering me to the download section of their MOBO , they didn't provide any helpfull insight on the situation.

I am almost sure this is not a hardware issue.. 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello mrbig1479,

Thank you for the reply. 

Since you already contacted Gigabyte regarding this matter, we will try to provide our best effort support on this one. But if in case that issue still remains, we would suggest contacting Gigabyte again in the future.

1. Will you be able to try replacing your cable with a good known working CAT5E or higher cable type? This is mostly the resolution for our customers reporting issue with I225 aside from driver and NVM update.
  2. Please ensure that Speed & Duplex settings on the Advanced tab property of the Intel® Ethernet Controller is set to Auto Negotiation as well as from your switch/router. Forcing link can result in a speed-duplex mismatch. This is common when one device is set to forced and its link partner is set as Auto-Negotiate.

Awaiting to your reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
mrbig1479
Beginner

Hi , i replaced the cable with a new CAT6 cable it didn't help

also i checked the  Speed & Duplex settings , and it's set to Auto Negotiation

i wasn't able to find a router Speed & Duplex settings (it's a TP Link Archer VR600 v2  ) - but i didn't configure it at all 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello mrbig1479,

Thank you for the reply. 

We are sorry to hear that replacing the cable didn't help in resolving the issue. Please check following items and let us know of the result once done. 

1. Double check if the onboard LAN is enabled in BIOS

2. Try different ports of the router to ensure that it is not a port issue. 

3. Set speed&duplex to 1Gbps, 100mbps or 10mpbs and check which of them will work for isolation. Recommended setting is Auto Negotiation. 

4. Install and test latest or old driver from Intel or manufacturer(preferred).

5. Try to Clean Install the Driver for Intel® Ethernet Connections. Refer to link below for the guide. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/ethernet-products.html

Feel free to let us know if you have questions or clarifications. 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
mrbig1479
Beginner

Hi Crisselle 

Thanks for the support.

i did a clean uninstall , (including the temp folder deletion) 

then installed the same driver pack i already downloded as it was the last version 

setting the duplex speed did the trick and i got the lan working , however Auto Negotiation isn't working dunno why 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello mrbig1479,

Thank you for the reply.

Just to confirm, are you able to establish a connection after configuring the Speed&Duplex setting? At which speed are you able to establish connection?

Awaiting to hear from you. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
mrbig1479
Beginner

Hi , yes i was able to connect after configuring the Speed&Duplex setting

only setting which is not working is the auto , and the 2.6gb 

all the rest are working , although the full duplex is giving me lags in online games

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello mrbig1479,

Thank you for the update.

Just to confirm, are you currently using the driver from you manufacturer or the one from Intel site?

Here's our additional recommendations to possibly help in fixing the issue.

1. Try to install a fresh OS but with only motherboard drivers without any utilities, antivirus and Windows updates (not recommend turning off the antivirus permanently, just for testing purposes). Motherboard software utilities, Windows updates and antivirus can also cause conflict with the drivers that affects performance.

2. Try to power cycle the switch/router. Remove the cable from power outlet and reinstall again.

3. If issue still occurs, we highly suggest contacting System manufacturer for possible latest BIOS and drivers update. They might have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on OEM system, Intel recommends checking with OEM and use the software provided via system manufacturer. 

Gigabyte Official Support site

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Support

Feel free to let us know if you have questions or clarifications. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello mrbig1479,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you have additional questions or clarifications on this matter. If you do, please let us know and we will be glad to help. Otherwise, kindly advise if we can now close this request.

Awaiting to your reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello mrbig1479,

How are you doing?

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

May you have an amazing day!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos