Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Network Connections Install Wizard Frozen / Ethernet Is Gone

TMedj
Beginner

Hey guys! Recently built a new PC. Haven't had any issues, but all of a sudden my Ethernet port stopped working today. My on-board wifi works fine, and I tried a different cable (which didn't work), so I know it isn't my internet. After doing some research online, I read that I needed to install the latest Intel network drivers. (Which makes sense, but why would it work and then stop working randomly?)

After downloading the Intel Network Adapter Driver for Windows 10, I ran the program. It has been about an hour, and the installer wizard is still trying to install the driver. However, the status bar hasn't moved an inch. It has been grey the whole time. Now, in my Windows 10 settings menu, I don't even have an option for ethernet. Only wifi.

I am new to the PC/windows realm after switching from Mac, and this issue is driving me nuts. I don't want to force quit the install wizard, as I know force quitting driver installs can cause issues.

Has anyone come across this issue before? Any ideas on what I can do?

I have a ROG STRIX Z370-E motherboard, and an I7-8700k processor if that information is of any help.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Wired Ethernet Community.

Kindly share the details of your system. This can be extracted using https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 Intel(R) System Support Utility.

You may attach the exported system logs in the thread. There's a "Attach" option in the lower right portion of the reply window.

Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

Agent under contract to Intel
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

We'd like to check if you still need assistance regarding Intel(R) Ethernet product.

Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

Agent under contact to Intel

0 Kudos