Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5048 Discussions

No intel adaptors found

xiibane
Beginner

My computer does not have any intel adaptors and I do not have Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection for me to use my ethernet cable. Please help. Here is the result of my scan.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sachinks
Employee

Hello xiibane,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

May I ask you to provide a brief explanation of the issue so that we can understand it better and help you further?

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Regards,

Sachin KS

0 Kudos
xiibane
Beginner

So basically, whenever I plug in my ethernet cable into my laptop,  my laptop don't detect it. However, the end of the cable lights up which shows that it is given power. Also it works on my other devices. In addition, when i open my device manager, under network adaptors, I do not see Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection. Lastly, anytime I try to download and install any adaptors, it tells me no adaptors on my system are found.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Dear xiibane,

Greetings!

Thank you for clarifying on the issue. Firstly, The ethernet controller Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet PHY is a discontinued. I am sharing below link for a list of drivers, but there may be issues with compatibility (as product is now discontinued and no new release is expected for this driver, at least not for any client Operating system) :-

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/47620/intel-82579lm-gigabit-ethernet-phy/downloads.html

Secondly, as this is a laptop, and network card will come with the OEM package (i.e. not separately upgradable), it would be best if you connect with the OEM (Your laptop Manufacturer site) for drivers if any are available.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Subhashish_Intel.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello xiibane,

Greetings for the day!

Hope you are doing great.

I hope this message finds you well.

We are following up to find out if you were able to find the information we provided. Please reply to confirm, so that we can proceed further accordingly.

Regards,

Mohammed Ali CM

0 Kudos
xiibane
Beginner
0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hello xiibane,

Greetings for the day!

I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for sharing the information. We appreciate your cooperation and patience. Please feel free to respond to the community post, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Intel products and services.

Regards,

Manoranjan Das.

0 Kudos