Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4855 Discussions

Problem with Intel 82577LM Gigabit Network Adapter driver

idata
Employee

Hi,

I am recently using a new system which is a Lenovo T410 with model number 2537LE3.

I noticed that whenever I am playing musics files from a USB flash drive which surfing the internet,

it causes a blue screen sometimes with error message something like "IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS" with file "e1k62x64.sys".

The incident happens when I press I press enter when finished typing address or clicked link in webpage in Internet Explorer.

I did a quick search on the file and found that it is from the ethernet card driver.

So I suspected that when there is simultaneous usage in USB and Ethernet, then the blue screen will most likely occurs.

Hope somebody will help me to solve this problem.

Running on system:

Lenovo Lenovo T410 2537LE3

BIOS version: 6IET68WW (1.28)

Windows 7 Enterprise x64 with latest updates

Ethernet driver version: 11.6.92.0

Thanks.

0 Kudos
54 Replies
idata
Employee

Just wanted to say I am experiencing the exact same issue with a whole bunch of new Dell Latitude E6410's that we ordered at my company. A fix would be very nice, I don't really like watching my CIO's new laptop crashing on him two or three times a week!

Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Thanks for posting about this issue. We have identified a potential fix and are working with our OEM partners on validating the fix. I will let you know when the updated drivers are available.

Mark H

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Having BSOD issues with this driver as well - I've seen some posts on the web that say it is the driver in combination with the Cisco VPN client, but haven't been able to confirm that. I would like to be notified when the new driver is available as well. Thanks,Dave

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well, in my case I haven't encounter any BSOD issues with Cisco VPN client running although I have Cisco VPN client installed. I noticed that the BSOD kicks in almost twice or triple a day when I am using the laptop together with dock.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please keep me looped as well. At the moment I am only having the issue when I am using my port replicator with the E6410. Specifically when I try and transfer files to and from the server. SMB seems to bee an issue (either that or some overflow condition). My pithy internet connection may be keeping ftp & http downloads functional. Don't seem to have the problem undocked though.

I blue screen weekly. Drives me nuts.

idata
Employee

Hi,

We have same issue with couple of Dell 6410 & 6510 both with 82577LM NIC running on Windows 7 64bit. Do you have some estimates when this will be fixed?

Thx

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

We are running Symantec Endpoint in our company with "Network Threat protection" service enabled. After i removed Network Threat protection i did not had a bluescreen yet.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->

Hi All,

I am also having this same problem. I have a Dell M4500 with Windows 7 Pro x64. I have the Intel 82577LM Nic with the latest drivers 11.6.92.0 installed. I have the Cisco VPN 5.0.07.0290, SonicWall Global VPN 4.2.6.0305 and Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.6100.645 installed. In my case I get a BSOD every single time I try to play any mpg video file from a shared folder on my server. I haven't seen the problem when copying files.

I get the BSOD while docked or undocked..

I uninstalled the Symantec Network Threat Protection but the problem is still there. I haven't tried uninstalling Cisco VPN because I use it every day and I am not sure that would fix this problem. Hope to see a fix soon…

thx!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:purple; mso-themecolor:followedhyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} p {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->

I think I found a workaround. I just uninstalled the latest drivers and installed and older version, 11.5.4.0. On the Intel website they are listed as Ver:15.4.1. Here is a link, http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19259&lang=eng http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19259&lang=eng

After installing the older version you may want to go into the device manager to make sure the older drivers are being used. In my case, even though I used the installer for the older drivers Windows automatically used the newer drivers. I had to manually go into the properties for the NIC and roll back. So far problem seems to be fixed.

Hope this helps, Good Luck!

Julio - SouthCal IT

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Having the same issue with a E6510 Win 7 x64 docked.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Try following JulioSCIT's advice (and link) regarding the older drivers - I installed them yesterday and worked for about 2 hours in my dock without an issue. So far today (approx 5 hours) I haven't had a BSOD - I'm on an E6410 running Windows 7 Enterprise 32BIT.

Be sure to uninstall the driver from Add/Remove programs and reboot before installing this version otherwise it might not "downgrade" the driver properly

Dave

0 Kudos
PBerr2
Beginner

I have the same BSOD experience with the Dell E6410.

Additionally when connecting into a Gigabit port, connection is often only at 100Mbs. Changing 'Speed and Duplex' on the 'Link Speed' driver tab to "1.0 Gbps Full Duplex" causes the speed to change to Gigabit and this speed is then maintained when the speed is reset to "Auto Negotiation" - even after a reboot. Boot from power up may result in Gigabit speed or may return to 100 Mbps.

Hopefully this is related to the problem that has been identified and is being fixed. The problem is present on multiple E6410 machines....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ditto, also experiencing the BSOD on the Dell e6410 running Windows 7 64bit.

It was happening pretty consistently when transferring files from my old laptop.

I was able to reproduce it by starting a few gigs worth of file copies over the wired adapter and then opening a browser (or other app) that accesses the internet over my wireless adapter.

I wound up doing a complete removal of Symantec Endpoint Protection and so far it has not happened again.

I haven't been able to reproduce the BSOD so far, right now my finger is pointing at SEP as the culprit.

I'll be able to tell for sure after a full day of work, after the labor day weekend. I'll compare notes with coworkers experiencing the BSODs on a daily basis.

Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your posts. The driver update you need probably will not be available in a generic release from Intel download center until Q4. However, your computer manufacturer has the fix now. I recommend you go to your computer manufacturer for whatever fix they have instead of waiting on the generic release.

Mark H

idata
Employee

Dell doesn't have a fix posted yet. They are still using the driver from June which is causing the bluescreen (BSOD):

Intel - Driver

Applies to:

825xx Gigabit Platform LAN Network Device

Urgent 6/29/2010 11.6.92.0, A04

idata
Employee

I concur. The drivers mentioned above from June still cause BSOD's.

I have managed to get around the problem by uninstalling my Cisco VPN client. Although I may need this one day. nearly a whole day has gone past without a BSOD.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I've just checked Device Manager to see the details re the 82577LM Gigabit Network Adapter... the installed driver details are:

e1k62x64.sys

Driver provider: Intel

Driver data: 08/05/2010

Driver version: 11.6.92.0

File version: 11.6.92.0 built by: WinDDK

Is this the version with the supposed fix? Alas...the BSoD errors continue!

0 Kudos
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

The cause of the blue screen is a missing entry in the driver install information file (INF). You could edit the file, uninstall the Intel(R) Network Connections software, and then install again from a software copy with the edited INF file.

Follow these steps.

1. Make a copy of the original software package before you do the other steps so you can go back to the original file if you make a mistake.

2. Open your software package with WinZip* or a similar program.

3. In the PRO1000\Winx64\NDIS62 directory you will find the e1k62x64.inf file.

4. Open the file.

5. Find the [E10EA.HW] and [E10EB.HW] sections

6. Add this line to each of the above sections

AddReg = MSI.reg

7. Save the file and install the drivers and software.

The edited sections should look like this example when you are done.

[E10EA.HW]

Include = machine.inf

Needs = PciIoSpaceNotRequired

AddReg = MSI.reg

[E10EB.HW]

Include = machine.inf

Needs = PciIoSpaceNotRequired

AddReg = MSI.reg

Let us know how this works out for you.

Mark H

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Mark for the solution, I will take this and have a try.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

THANKS Mark, for this info!

I'm not sure where I am to get the "Intel Network Connections" software. Can you pls point me to it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos