Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Problem with llimited connection - default gateway is not available on windows 8.1

DBail3
Beginner

Hi all. I am currently having an issue with Windows 8.1 and my wired Ethernet connection. Whenever I am using web based browser games or downloading a large amount of content, my Ethernet connection will drop to limited. My wireless connection has never had this problem, but it is much slower. It is very frustrating because the only way to fix it is to either restart the computer or constantly run a fix connection. I am wondering if this problem has any thing to do with my Ethernet driver? I am currently using Broadcom Netlink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet driver version 15.6.1.2.....It is currently the most up to date version of the driver. I have read on some other support forums that this particular driver does not work well with windows 8.1 and to use a windows 7 driver. If this is the case, what driver would I use and where do I find it? If this isn't the case, do any of you have any ideas for what could be causing the issue, and if so, how do I fix it?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Patrick_K_Intel1
Employee

Hi Dylan232,

I can certainly relate to being frustrated by your situation. However, as this is a forum for Intel Ethernet devices, you might have better luck in finding assistance to your problem if you contact the manufacturer of your Etherent device, which per your post is not from Intel.

Best of luck in your search.

- Patrick

0 Kudos