Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Problems with new 1219-v

Deronil
Beginner

Hello, I recently bought a new Processor, Mainboard and Ram, the mainboard being the ASRock B560 Pro4. This uses an Intel 1219-V Ethernet Chip, I installed the Drivers from the included CD but the ethernet wouldn't work, it would say the name of my network but tell me "no internet". I checked and it seems my PC didn't receive a DHCP IP address and I thought I'd just install the latest driver and see, luckily I got a USB to LAN Adapter which works flawlessly with the same cable (!). But the 26.2 driver as well as installing the PROSet utility didn't help the issue.

Some info:

Windows 10 Home

Asrock B560 Pro 4

i5-11400f

16GB of Ram

what I've tried so far:

using the older 26.1 driver

using all the ipconfig /release, renew flushdns, etc. commands.

restarting/windows updates/uninstalling the whole adapter.

windows troubleshooting (Your Computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS-Server) is not responding)

PROSet hardware test tells me there is one error: "interrupt status: Failed"

PROSet connection test tells me the same as windows troubleshooting: DHCP Server is not available, the network doesn't provide DHCP although this can't be true since all other devices and the USB to Alan adapter work fine with it. 

ipconfig tells me my ipv4 is 169.254.137.41, so just a local address. I can't open the page of my router either.

The USB-to-Lan adapter is working just fine but since the MB is brand new I would like the internet on it to work.

Thanks in Advance:

Simon

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Deronil,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issue with your Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V. Rest assured that we will be glad to assist you until issue resolution.

Before we check this internally, can you confirm if you already contacted ASRock support since this is a newly purchased motherboard? Have you also tried using the driver provided by your manufacturer? 

Please be informed that the software drivers linked from Intel page are generic versions, and can be used for general purposes. However, Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) might have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided via your system manufacturer. 

We've also tried searching for downloads B560 Pro4 and found the link below. Latest Intel Lan driver from ASRock was version 12.19.1.32_20201223. Please let us know if you already test this out and share the result with us.

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B560%20Pro4/index.asp#Download

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Deronil
Beginner

Hello, sorry for the late reply, Yes I've tried that driver too but it didn't seem to help, however for some reason today I tried the same thing with a laptop, same cable-> no internet, Adapter->internet which led me to the conclusion its the router or cable (?) that is making problems but when I switched back I tried sticking the cable directly in one more time and for some unknown reason it is working now. hurray!

On the other hand, my consumerism made me buy an intel ax200ngw (no vpro) a few days ago, I thought maybe this one got a good enough Wifi connection so I wouldn't need a cable in the first place (I'm quite close to our Router).

Today I installed that one... and well, It is not working either, I might be unlucky but that's just frustrating. Again tried all commands, drivers, intel driver assistant, uninstalling and It just won't show ANY networks. I know it is capable of wifi 6 but it should very much still find older 802.11/a/b/g/n/ac networks right? also I live in a room where my phone picks up 10+ wifis so I would assume it should at least pick up some... Might rename the whole thread to problems with ax200?

I've also contacted ASRock about the problem to ask whether or not they can guarantee me support for that chip but their website claims

"1 x M.2 Socket (Key E), supports type 2230 WiFi/BT PCIe WiFi module ( and Intel® CNVi (Integrated WiFi/BT)", I don't HAVE to use the AX201 or AC9560 or similar with Intel® CNVi right? 

Thanks for helping best regards 

Simon

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Deronil,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you have read our previous message. If yes, please share the information requested that would help in checking your query. Feel free to let us know if you have questions and clarifications.

Looking forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Deronil,

I hope you are doing good!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos