Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4918 Discussions

S184260----- Firmware provided by Intel for WGI210AT S LJXR

MO-WING
Novice

Hello Team,

I hope you are doing good. One of our customers bought P/N:WGI210AT S LJXR. They need support to commission the module. Please see customer message.

---------------

our inquiries to Intel have resulted in the following: "We suggest contacting the Intel Representative staffed at the place of purchase of the devices related to your consultations to help you with your requests." Exact description of the problem: The I210 device reports as "unprogrammed" under Linux (igb driver) and does not work. From the publicly available documentation

https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Connectivity/I210-firmware-and-prog
ramming-tool/td-p/1486916

it appears that we need a firmware provided by Intel to program the device. This firmware does not seem to be publicly available. We therefore ask for support.

----------------

Please let me know if you require anything from our side which I can provide you on behalf of Mouser Electronics and customer to help the customer. Thank you.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Poojitha
Employee

Hi MO-WING,

Thank you for posting the query in Community portal

Could you please provide the complete system model and adapter details to check further.

Thanks & regards,

Poojitha

0 Kudos
MO-WING
Novice

Hello Poojitha, customer replied on this. Please advise.

------------------------------

Hello,
we are not sure what exactly you require - please specify.
We have received no adapter of any sort.

Some additional information:
- we manufactured a PCB comprising the WGI210AT, see partial circuit
diagram attached
- the WGI210AT is attached to the PCIe interface of a Raspberry Pi
Compute Module 4
- the board runs on linux 5.15.92
- the igb driver's output shows no error
# dmesg | grep igb
[ 0.345705] igb: Intel(R) Gigabit Ethernet Network Driver
[ 0.348460] igb: Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Intel Corporation.
- the driver reports an unprogrammed device, which is not running:
# lspci

01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Unprogrammed
(rev 03)

- For testing purposes we have purchased an Intel Eth Server Adapter I210
-T1 PCI-Express card. When connecting this, we get:
# lspci
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network
Connection (rev 03)
From this, we concluded that we require some firmware in order to run the
device.

-------------------------

0 Kudos
Poojitha
Employee

Hi MO-WING,

Greetings from Intel

If you need configuration details for the WGI210AT to integrate it into your PCB (Printed Circuit Board) design, it's best to directly contact the PCB vendor .They can provide you with specific information and guidelines on how to properly configure and integrate the WGI210AT into your PCB layout.

Thanks & regards,

Poojitha

0 Kudos
Poojitha
Employee

Hi MO-WING

Greetings for the day!

I hope this message finds you well.

We are following up to find out if you were able to find the information we provided.

If you need configuration details for the WGI210AT to integrate it into your PCB (Printed Circuit Board) design, it's best to directly contact the PCB vendor .They can provide you with specific information and guidelines on how to properly configure and integrate the WGI210AT into your PCB layout.

Please let us know if you have any questions or doubts, we are happy to help you.

Regards,

Poojitha

0 Kudos
MO-WING
Novice

Hello Poojitha, customer replied:

----------------
We have integrated the WGI210AT into the PCB ourselves and do not require any help concerning this. What we need is Intel's firmware, which is required to make the device functional, please see below link,

https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Connectivity/I210-firmware-and-programming-tool/td-p/1486916

Please provide this firmware, which is not publicly available. Please advise, thanks.

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi MO-WING

Greeting for the day!

We are actively working on the case.

We will get back to you with an update as soon as possible.

Thank you for using Intel products and services.

Best Regards,

Jerome

0 Kudos
Poojitha
Employee

Hi MO-WING,

Greetings for the day!

Could you please provide us with the link to the current firmware version you are using? This will enable us to proceed with further assistance.

Thank you for your attention to this request. please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or require any additional information from our end.

Regards,

Poojitha

0 Kudos
MO-WING
Novice

Hi Poojitha,

Customer replied:

-------------------

As of now, we do not have *any* firmware for the device. This is exactly the problem, as I already stated many times before.

-------------------

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Poojitha
Employee

Hi MO-WING,

Greetings for the day!

We kindly request you to contact Intel developer Zone to provide you the required details.You should request the update of your account to Intel Developer Zone Premier by filling out the form stated on the following website: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/my-intel-sign-on-support.html 

You should use a business email address to evade any inconvenience. Please avoid the free email provider's address (such as the one provided by Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, or others). you can confirm this information and more details on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058073/programs/resource-and-documentation-center.html

Thank you for your understanding and support

Regards,

Poojitha 

0 Kudos
MO-WING
Novice

Hello Poojitha,  my request for Intel developer Zone was declined. I received a following response. Can you please assist? Thank you.

We appreciate your interest in Intel's Developer Zone, however, upon review of your application we regret to inform you that your request for a Premier Account has been declined. Reasons Intel may decline your request include:

• Application does not meet the Developer Zone Premier program criteria, available in the Developer Zone Premier Terms & Conditions.
  • Premier access to Intel's Developer Zone requires a Corporate Non-Disclosure Agreement (CNDA) between your company and Intel, or you are a party to the Intel® Partner Alliance Terms and Conditions.

Developer Zone Premier access requires the account to have an active Intel Account Representative or be an active Intel Partner Alliance member*

0 Kudos
MO-WING
Novice

Hello Poojitha, let me try this and get back to you with an update. Please don't close this for now.

Thank you.

0 Kudos