Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4863 Discussions

SRIOV-XL710-CentOS7.1-KVM

SRama17
Beginner

Hi Folks,

I am a newbie to this intel forum and have been working on building VNFs. I have the following questions which -

1. I have followed the Intel XL710 Config Guide for SRIOV which describes the process for RHEL 7, I don't see the interfaces popping up on the VM. Is it different if its CentOS 7?

2. I am using the following driver for XL710 - 1.3.39.1, I have also tested 1.1.38 which also fails. Is this something about the driver?

Following is what I use -

Intel XL710 - 1.1.39.1

HOST OS - CentOS 7

Virtualization - KVM

GUEST OS - CentOS 7 VM

Any help or direction would be appreciated !

Thanks

-srk

0 Kudos
4 Replies
st4
New Contributor III

Hi srk,

we will check on this.

rgds

wb

0 Kudos
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi srk,

The configuration for Red Hat* and CentOS* are the same. Are you using this http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/networking/xl710-sr-iov-config-guide-gbe-linux-brief.html XL710 - SR-IOV Configuration Guide?

In case you encounter the same issue, please provide us the error details.

Sincerely,

Sandy

0 Kudos
SRama17
Beginner

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for helping me out.

I am now following the same guide you have shared. I see the following behavior -

My VM does not allow vlan tagging but If I tag the VF, it allows traffic to pass. Is this expected?

Also, is there to provision the VF to allow all vlans configured on the guest to pass? Like 4095 in VMware?

My application that's running on the VM creates a virtual interface and a mac address which shuts VF. I am unable to see any error logging. Is there a specific log file that I could check apart from /var/log/messages?

Thanks

-srk

0 Kudos
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi srk,

Thanks for your reply. I'll check on this.

Sincerely,

Sandy

0 Kudos