Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4862 Discussions

Strict priority in Tofino

Megan
Novice

I would like to ask how to implement SP (Strict Priority) on Tofino.

I am using a switch equipped with Tofino. According to the information I am looking for, Tofino supports SP queues.

I would like to ask, how should I set up on Tofino so that it can implement SP?

Thanks,

Megan

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Megan,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. What is the model of the Intel network card that you are using?
  2. Are you designing a board/system with embedded Intel network card?
  3. Kindly provide more details about your inquiry for us to further analyze and guide you with your request.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Megan
Novice

Hi,Michael L,

First of all thank you very much for your reply.

1. I currently use the TNA architecture and the chip is Tofino.
2. The equipment used is a wedge100 type switch, and this type of switch has a Tofino chip.
3. I want to implement the SP (Strict Priority) function on the switch, but I don't know how to configure the switch.

Please give your guidance, I will be very grateful for your help!

Thanks,
Megan

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Megan,

Thank you for the quick reply. Just to clarify, are you designing a system? and also what is the model of your Intel network card. We are really sorry, we just need to gather more details for us to know how to assist you or forward you the correct team if needed depending on the support that you required.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Megan
Novice

Hi,Michael L,

Thank you very much for your reply. In response to your question, my answer is as follows:

I don’t plan to build a system. I just want to reproduce the article SP-PIPO of NSDI’20. I want to use the switch to realize the function of SP (Strict Priority), but the author told me that because of the NDA, I can’t tell it in the email.

The configuration details of my switch, but he provided a website(https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Connectivity-Research/bd-p/connectivity-research-programforum-board), the author of the article said that he can tell me the details of the experiment on this website.

The problem I encountered is (1) I can't open this URL, and the page shows that I need to obtain a higher authority. If you can tell me how to obtain a higher authority, I will thank you very much.
(2) Because I can't open the above URL, I try to ask a question here, that is, here to ask, what configuration the switch needs to be able to

achieve SP.

Please give your guidance, I will be very grateful for your help!

Thanks,
Megan

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Megan,

Thank you for the quick reply. So to clarify, your main issue is want to access our Intel® Connectivity Research Program (Private) thread, and you don't have permission to access it.

Can you also send us a screenshot of the error while trying to access this site. I will try to check on how you can access this site or if we need to route your thread to the correct support team who can grant your request, I will try to check that also.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Megan
Novice

Hello Michael L.,

Thank you for your reply, now the problem has been resolved, and now I can enter.

The reason is that I didn't apply to join at the beginning, which caused me to be unable to open the page.

Very grateful for your help!

Best regards,

Megan

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Megan,

Thank you for the quick reply and I am glad that you were able to fix the issue. As for this thread, we will close this one now since you can now access the thread.

If you need assistance again in the future, please post a new question.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos